MINI app not sending notifications?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by inferno10, Jun 28, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. inferno10

inferno10 Member

Is anyone else having issues receiving push notifications from the MINI app recently? It seems like I stopped receiving charging notifications (charging started, fully charged, etc) after a recent app update.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. moofpup

moofpup Active Member

Mine started to do it recently too.

4. ColdCase

ColdCase Active Member

Yeah, me too. The last time I think we needed to update the OS to get back to normal. Although this time the app and online op manual. seemed to loose my login credentials.

5. Jim In Tucson

Jim In Tucson Well-Known Member

My notifications have been erratic of late. Sometimes I get when when expected, sometimes I don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

6. xd366

xd366 New Member

I have the app on both an android and an iphone.

on the iphone i still get the notifications, but on android i do not.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. ColdCase

ColdCase Active Member

Hmmmm.... charging for 4 hours, but no charge... it seems more than a notification issue.. weird things.

F40A18BA-C2B9-4086-BB84-3C53B5C06A25.jpeg

9. ColdCase

ColdCase Active Member

Never mind, that was a charger plugged in but not charging thing.

10. MichaelC

MichaelC Well-Known Member

I seem to have the inverse problem. When I plugged in tonight, I got the notification that charging started. But when I open the app, it hasn't updated since I got to work this morning and force-refreshes don't help.

EDIT: Never mind - it's working again; stopping the charge seems to have prompted it to phone home at last.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2023
  11. pictsidhe

pictsidhe Well-Known Member

I've had this sporadically. 7 events in the 12 months I've had the car. 4 of the last 5 events, the 'fix' was to either lock or unlock the car. The 5th I didn't notice the lack of charge until I had got in the car.
    Dealer seems clueless what it could be. I'll likely drop it off in 2 weeks so they can have a better look and blame my charger.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. ColdCase

ColdCase Active Member

After updating the app and then updating the iPhone iOS, my notifications are back. One or two times in the past, deleting the app and re installing fixed things.

MichaelC likes this.
  14. MRYFLYGUY

MRYFLYGUY Active Member

I get the Charging Started notification on my iOS devices but the Charging Completed notification has been MIA for quite a while. I have an escalated case open with ConnectedDrive Services Customer Care.

AndysComputer likes this.
  15. MRYFLYGUY

MRYFLYGUY Active Member

Ha, I got a message back from Customer Care asking to logout/in and try again. Did that, now the Charging Started notification was not received - but the Charging Completed notification was received as expected.

IMG_6013.png

ColdCase likes this.
  16. inferno10

inferno10 Member

Finally started seeing charging notifications again today! It came in like 10 minutes after I plugged in.

IMG_7493.jpeg

17. MRYFLYGUY

MRYFLYGUY Active Member

Did you receive a complete notification?

18. inferno10

inferno10 Member

Yup, I’m getting both charge start and completed notifications again!