Probably selling, ugh

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by DJCoopster, Jun 6, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

Is it a creak, rattle, or whistling noise in the B-pillar area?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. fishbert

fishbert Well-Known Member

This body style has been around long enough that someone's probably diagnosed this before. If you haven't, maybe ask around the forums at North American Motoring or MiniF56.

DJCoopster likes this.
  4. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    If it’s a fairly high frequency rattle, try adjusting the hatchback stops. No really! I swear.

5. AndysComputer

AndysComputer Well-Known Member

Do you need a GC and a Tucson?
    I would have thought a GC and an SE would be fine? Two large long range gas vehicles seems a bit much?

SameGuy likes this.
  6. DJCoopster

DJCoopster Well-Known Member

LOL, we're trading in the Tucson hybrid for an Ioniq 5 SEL this weekend it looks like.

We will be 100% EV for a handful of months until I sell mine for a Grand Cherokee.

MichaelC and SameGuy like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. MiniCoopr71

MiniCoopr71 New Member

I have exactly the same issue and have been similarly driven nuts. Sounds like its coming from the seatbelt assembly on the B pillar. I did some research and its fairly common on the last couple of generations of Minis - apparently the rubber weather seal rubs against the frameless window. You can fix it by applying a special rubber seal treatment called Gummipflege. I just purchased some from Amazon and will be giving it a try this weekend.

https://www.amazon.com/nextzett-91480615-Gummi-Pflege-Rubber/dp/B004B8GTQG

9. DJCoopster

We traded the Tucson hybrid for an Ioniq 5 SEL this morning. Excellent car, but doesn't have a rear wiper - will have to Rain-X the crap out of the window. We drove for 30 miles in heavy rain on the way home, it really needs a wiper and apparently has it on the 2024s coming.

2 years of free Electrify America, already used it for ~20KWH.

My SE is so much more fun to drive, just not as practical.

(you can see the downpour in this pic)

[​IMG]

10. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I believe only the more powerful Ioniq 5 N is getting a rear wiper. I guess the N's extra power helps overcome the unholy level of aerodynamic drag a rear wiper imposes.

11. DJCoopster

LOL, yes!

I really don't understand them, our Tucson had the rear wiper at the top recessed into the spoiler. You couldn't see it unless it was wiping. So easy Hyundai, come on.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. fishbert

fishbert Well-Known Member

Any rumors on when the US Ioniq 6 will get the HUD option everyone else gets?

I mean, I understand why we don’t have the side mirror cameras… but the Ioniq 5 has the HUD option here, doesn’t it? Why not the 6‽