Selling our 2023 Mini Cooper SE in BRG

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by rajiv33, Jun 9, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. rajiv33

rajiv33 Member

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

There's an EV you like more than the beautiful striped, BRG MINI Cooper SE you waited so patiently for? How long did you have to wait for your new EV? Was it longer than for your SE?

Is the SE's range vs the size of Texas your primary reason for switching or does the child's booster-seat seen in your ad give a clue that you need a larger vehicle?

Sorry for the 3rd degree, but you've made me so curious by not identifying the replacement EV you've been waiting for. I wish you good luck with your sale!

rajiv33 likes this.
  4. rajiv33

rajiv33 Member

No problem! All good questions. We got the Rivian R1T. Based on the original delivery estimates and when we got our order in, we thought we would get the vehicle about 6 to 12 months later than we did but they ramped up the R1T production up at the end of 2022. Had to put the order in Sept 2021, delivery Dec 2022 (expected mid 2023 or later). Mini order went in Jan 2022, Delivery June 2022.

The mini worked great for our 4 and 7 year olds so no issues with the back seat at all! Even hauled grown men back there!

The mini really is awesome and would love to have kept it but we need to keep our gas 3 row SUV for now in addition to the Rivian. Just could not justify a keeping 3 cars!

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

F14Scott and insightman like this.
  5. methorian

methorian Well-Known Member

Have you had any immediate interest in your SE? I've been toying with the idea of letting mine go.

When I purchased I knew getting any service work would be a pain, since i live 3 hours from closest dealer, but now that I have my first "I need a dealer service visit to fix an issue" I'm kicking myself a bit.

rajiv33 likes this.
  6. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Ooh, the Rivian R1T is certainly in the running for "as-good-as or better" than the SE (setting aside different styles of vehicle).

I'm sure you've considered it, but you don't think the R1T can replace your ICE SUV? I've got an F-150 Lightning on order and it will replace our ICE Clubman (and ICE F-350), but I'm keeping the SE as my daily commuter. I personally can't wait to go full-EV.

rajiv33 and SameGuy like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    Where I work there is a growing contingent of EV drivers, but the number of skeptics and doubters among the rest is still rather disheartening. That said, I’ve now given short rides to roughly two dozen coworkers, including several of the aforementioned skeptics, and I think it’s fairly easy to conclude that once people have experienced a drive in an electric car, they have a tougher time coming up with dumb arguments against the transition to electric vehicles.

9. rajiv33

rajiv33 Member

I have had some nibbles but not a huge amount so far. I have only listed it on Autotrader for now and it has only been a few days so I'll start marketing it a bit more and see if that gets some attention.

10. rajiv33

rajiv33 Member

Definitely, once you try an EV, it's hard not to like it. As a daily driver, especially if you have a way to charge at home or work, I recommend the move to anyone!

11. rajiv33

rajiv33 Member

The R1-T would not because of there is not a 3rd row for when we are also hauling family and friends. I did go back and forth on the R1T and R1S quite a bit which is also why I took delivery quicker than expected because I ultimately stayed with the R1T just because it was so unique. We do have a Pre-Order on the R1S and I will also look at the EX90 by Volvo (our gas 3 row is the XC90) when it comes out. We are excited to go full EV as well!

The F-150 Lightening will be fantastic!

Domenick likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Isn't that what the cargo bed is for? :D:D

Has anyone made a topper for the R1T yet?

rajiv33 likes this.
  14. rajiv33

rajiv33 Member

Ha! So true!

Have not seen a topper yet. I do plan on putting the roof top tent I used on the MINI over the bed of truck. I'm sure any extra guests wouldn't mind sitting in there!

15. polyphonic

polyphonic Well-Known Member

I got no interest on private sales channels. CarMax quote is the way to go for an accurate read of the market.

16. yoomini

yoomini Active Member

Anyone have a recent CarMax offer? Curious.

17. fishbert

fishbert Well-Known Member

The trade-in market... maybe. They're always going to have a resale margin factored into any offers they give.

18. polyphonic

polyphonic Well-Known Member

Nobody knows the private sale value. They make about $3-6k for a normal car which you could factor in. Any sale other than a private sale is going to factor in a profit, so..

I live in one of the best EV cities in the country (uptake + local incentives) and had zero interest in my SE on the private sale market.

19. pictsidhe

pictsidhe Well-Known Member

My sincere condolences.

20. rajiv33

rajiv33 Member

FYI...sold the MINI to Carvana for 28K. Carmax offered 26K. Similar, did not have any legitimate private buyer interest.

Wished I could have just kept this one for the life of the vehicle but just didn't make financial sense at the moment.

Louis W and DJCoopster like this.
  21. DJCoopster

DJCoopster Well-Known Member

Enjoy your R1T. I saw one on I-64 in rural Indiana yesterday towing a ~16-20ft travel trailer with a dirtbike in the bed. There isn't a quick charger anywhere near there which concerned me a bit but it looks great towing.

I'll be selling my 23 BRG later this year which hurts to type, but in the end, it's just a vehicle for transportation. It's just the most fun vehicle I've owned in 35+ years of driving!!!

teslarati97 likes this.
  22. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

Well you can always upgrade to those Class A RV's with an integrated garage while you work remotely...

9_morelo_palace_garage_01-717417241.jpg

Domenick likes this.
  23. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

Raj, your Lucid Air Pure looks phenomenal! Sad to see the MINI go but look forward to seeing your EV videos!