RF remote feature

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by tinpanalley, Jun 6, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Anyone else have a problem with their garage door RF transmitter not being very consistent? We use it to open the gate and the garage door in our building and sometimes it just refuses to activate. Is that more a problem with the sensor on the gate and door or something wrong with how I programmed the RF transmitter?

The little remote our building gave us works fine each time.
    Thanks for any help!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. endquote

endquote Active Member

I think a few folks have posted similar issues, but mine works alright. I do have to press firmly and hold for a moment.

4. SJA

SJA Member

I have the same issue, I thought it was my garage. But maybe now I am thinking its the homelink in the car. Sometimes it works on the first push; but sometimes I almost have to try like 5 times before it opens/closes my garage.

5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Sometimes, when my SE is parked in my driveway, I have to press the Homelink garage-door button twice to get the desired action. In contrast, my Honda Clarity PHEV reliably opens the same garage door from a block away with a single press of the button.

6. CuriousGeorge

CuriousGeorge Well-Known Member

If I back into my garage to charge, such that I am facing away from the opener when leaving, it sometimes takes several firm presses, and/or repositioning the car, to get it to work. Facing the garage, though, no problem.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    I tend to use the HomeLink button about half the time, almost exclusively when leaving. My Tailwind automatic opener has been almost flawless, other than a couple of times that Apple pushed iOS updates without clueing 3rd-party devs in on changes to background app wake processes. Total downtime in 20 months of using Tailwind? Three days, when I had to reach for the remote (or the mirror, in this car).

9. Pface

Pface New Member

I have encountered similar issues as you guys have stated with the home link on my SE but have since resolved them.
    I have no issues if I am facing the garage but the home link will not work when the garage opener is behind me.
    My solution was to angle the car slightly in either direction and then the home link would work.
    Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

10. Thanks for all the replies. What is this homelink button thing people keep referring to?

11. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    The three buttons under the left side of the rear-view mirror. They can be programmed to control HomeLink-enables devices (which these days is most often garage door and gate openers).

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. LittleWoods

LittleWoods Active Member

Same issue. I gave up messing with it and just clipped the original opener back on the visor and called it a day.

14. Oh, I get it, that's it's name. So, we were talking about the same thing I just didn't know that's what it was called. :D
    Ok, so it just seems to be then a question of pushing repeatedly and several of you have the same problem.

15. Pha! Paint me yellow and call me Homer. I kept pushing the buttons following the manual waiting for the amber light on the mirror to turn green, because the book kept telling me that the green light has to flash. Then I found the video, so it's back for another try to program it, once the embarrassment has worn off.

SameGuy likes this.
  16. You know, the thing is, I don't think the lights (at least the one in my Mini SE) are actually LEDs that can change colour. I'm faily certain they are only yellow/orange lights. I have never ONCE seen them turn green and my programming worked fine. I think that reference in the manual is to older models and nobody has ever edited it.

17. Indeed. The "embarrassment" was believing the manual, which I usually don't do!