Strange Starter Battery Error?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by David Comstock, Jun 8, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. I'm curious if any of you have seen this message pop up in your Mini app before? This happened a few weeks ago when I was charging my car via a public ChargePoint charger here at work.

It's the first time this has happened since owning the car, despite using these chargers many times before. It went away after a day or so and I haven't seen it pop up since. Just wondering if it was a glitch and maybe something to do with the communication between the car and the public charger? ... or if I should bring it into the dealer to look at? For reference I own a '23 SE.

Again this was about a month or so ago and I haven't seen the error since and haven't ever received this message when charging at home with the charger that came with the car. The car seems to be running fine with no issues.

Thanks!

mini 1.png mini 2.png

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. endquote

endquote Active Member

You're on the EV forums on company time? I'm telling your boss.

4. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

I got this error back in May, and the app told me it had been a problem since March, though I would have remembered if that were true. The car itself never gave any sort of error indication, and it kind of freaked me out, but it was gone the next day and hasn't been back.

Keeping my fingers crossed for now.

5. bmartinez028

bmartinez028 Active Member

This is a bug within the app itself. Happened across the BMW group. Refresh your app and it should clear itself.

DJCoopster likes this.
  6. DJCoopster

DJCoopster Well-Known Member

Same as bmartinez said, the app had a bug. Update it.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. inferno10

inferno10 Member

Out of curiosity, are you running a dashcam in your car?

9. pictsidhe

pictsidhe Well-Known Member

Mine did it a while back, along with a few other warnings that promptly disappeared. I must have had ten glitch errors in the 11 months since I've had the car. Once it threw multiple errors and refused to charge. I didn't find out until I got in to go to work. Unplugging and replugging fixed it, I was late by the time I had enough charge to scrape there and back. I contacted my dealer about the first few messages and got 'see if they go away before booking it in.'
    I no longer pay errors much heed. Mini can look at them at my 2 year service unless there is an obvious fault: Car no worky. Have Mini not heard about the boy who cried wolf?

10. Awesome thanks for the responses everyone, much appreciated... glad to know it was just a glitch!