Bye MINI (anyone want some cheap accessories?)

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Carsten Haase, Jun 5, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Carsten Haase

Carsten Haase Well-Known Member

While I really liked the MINI, the range wasn't really working for me. I kept finding myself on perfect twisty back roads stuck in my wife's Outback because the MINI couldn't make the trip. What good is a fun car if you're not actually driving it?

20230526_094358.jpg
    So I traded it in for a Model 3 RWD for a couple of reasons:
    • Obviously, range. It worked fine as a second car for commuting but I chose the MINI over a Bolt/other because I like driving and wanted a fun car. The straight line highway back and forth to work was not exactly where you want to be driving a fun car.
    • Handling (FWD). It was kinda exciting at first (probably because it was new/different to me) but the constant torque steer and power-on understeer got very annoying. I was hoping I could ignore it but I really hate FWD. The Model 3s handling feels significantly better, despite the increased weight. It has less body roll but is also much smoother.
    • Cost. Tesla offered me $23,500 which is $2.50 more than my all in cost over the past 2 years (purchase price, dealer fees, loan interest, etc.) not including the $1700 saved in fuel vs electricity. Not bad for a depreciating asset! All Model 3s also now quality for the full federal tax credit making it quite a lot of car for $32.5k.
    Anyway, I now have some accessories that I no longer need. If anyone wants anything before I sell them elsewhere, send me a message. Name your price plus shipping (except for the charger), I'm in central Oregon for shipping cost or pickup reference.

20230602_155200~2.jpg

• O.Z. Superturismo LM 17x7.5 ET50 (includes ball seat lugs and 3mm spacers). 215/50R17 ExtremeContact DWS06 tires (larger than stock but fits with no rubbing)
    • WeatherTech floor mats
    • MINI OEM trunk mat
    • Cravenspeed platypus license plate holder
    • Cravenspeed Stubby antenna
    • ECS Tuning 10mm wheel spacers and longer lug bolts (designed for OEM wheels only, due to chamfer on the hub centric lip)
    • Grizzl-e classic charger (not pictured, $225)

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Jkoya

Jkoya Member

How much for the OEM Trunk Mat ?

Have fun with the Model 3. I had a Model 3 Performance, which I sold to get another car. I think the key to Tesla enjoyment is to have a great service center. The one near me was terrible and had new employees every time I went for service. Good Luck !

4. SJA

SJA Member

Also interested in the trunk mat.

5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

@Carsten Haase: perfect transition photo!

Is FWD such a deal-killer that you won't consider trading your Tesla for the long-range SE when it finally gets here?

I (and I'm sure many others) thank you for your great contributions to this forum!

SameGuy likes this.
  6. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

I bet he's waiting for the all electric Mazda MX-5 Miata for some serious autocross fun!

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    Those are sweet rims. I hope they find a good home!

9. Carsten Haase

That would definitely get my attention!

Although I don't expect one anytime soon based on Mazda's current EV offering and their ties with Toyota...

teslarati97 likes this.
  10. ghost

ghost Active Member

Not sure if they'll hold true to what I've read, but they're supposed to be coming in 2025.

11. Carsten Haase

I think that was "electrified" which I'd interpret as some sort of lame mild hybrid but I'd love to be proven wrong

insightman and ghost like this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Congrats on your great trade-in deal and your new car!
    You've been a terriffic part of the IEVs Forum MINI community. Unfortunately, our Tesla subforum doesn't see the kind of activity as our Mini one, but we invite you to share your thoughts about your Model 3 ownership experience over there.

Carsten Haase, SameGuy and insightman like this.
  14. polyphonic

polyphonic Well-Known Member

Enjoy it! Model 3 is still very popular for good reason. You might want to check out the mountain pass suspension mods. :)

Louis W and Carsten Haase like this.
  15. Carsten Haase

Some people want a "unique" car but I very much prefer a popular one since they get all the aftermarket attention. The MINI benefited from it's shared platform but Tesla's are just everywhere, definitely no shortage of upgrade options!

polyphonic likes this.
  16. Popular is certainly right. As I looked down the street this morning, 9 cars were in line at a stop sign. 4 were Teslas. 3 of the 4 were white.

17. amtrucker22

amtrucker22 New Member

I would be all over those wheels if you were closer. Good luck with your new ride!

18. AbdulD

AbdulD New Member

Is this still available?

I'd buy the
    • WeatherTech floor mats
    • MINI OEM trunk mat
    • Sunshade
    • Cravenspeed Stubby antenna

19. SJA

SJA Member

Bump for a good seller, Cravenspeed license plate frame just arrived.

Carsten Haase likes this.