12V Battery

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Barrett, May 8, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. I'm not sure what I did wrong then. Well, it probably didn't help that I idled a lot (I go to my car for my rest and meal breaks), and back when it was happening I didn't know what was going on, I only knew that if I tapped on the negative post with a wrench the starter would work again, so I did that for a good while lol

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Duxa

Duxa Member

Im sure there are situations where you can drain the 12V, like for example if you drive on gas a lot and dont charge every day or two. Or use the seat adjustments a lot without car being on etc... just get in the habit of trickle charging it every few months if you have 12V drain. Just leave it overnight. Remember to connect positive first, then the negative NOT to the battery post but to chasis of the car.

4. You know, I've been doing this ever since a mechanic had informed me as such, but I never did ask why this is?

5. Duxa

Duxa Member

Could cause an explosion due to sparks and flammable gas nearby. Just a safety precaution.

6. I was referring to the chassis instead of the negative post rather than the order.

7. To remove this ad click here.