Current Countryman to be replaced by Aceman BEV?

Discussion in 'Aceman' started by Texas22Step, Oct 7, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Texas22Step

Texas22Step Well-Known Member

See photos and write-up here.

It isn't clear to me where this vehicle may ultimately be produced, as it seems to indicate that the eventual Countryman replacement (a larger vehicle yet) will be produced in China, while the Aceman production location(s) are not yet revealed. (Or, maybe I am just misinterpreting the article?)

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    The Aceman will be made in China as per both articles.

4. endquote

endquote Active Member

5. SameGuy

YUL
    Assuming you can capture one

Qisl, Lainey, GetOffYourGas and 4 others like this.
  6. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

Countryman electric will be for 2024+ made in Germany alongside BMW iX1 (same factory). Since the Countryman is getting fatter, the Aceman will be like a Clubman/X2 sized vehicle.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

I drove an iX1 a few months back at the BMW driving event. While I could do without the goofy looking crystal on the knobs, and am not a big fan of big cars, when we (my wife was shotgun and buddy was in the back) were getting on the highway one of the passengers said something like how is the pickup from a roll.

WHOA!!! 30 to 80 then 90 likity split. That thing has torque. Unlike me (and my wife, but I didn't say that), my buddy in the back is a proper gentleman who uses a proper vocabulary. The words he used when he reacted were not very proper (well for him that is). There was an immediate impromptu 3 part harmony that started with F and ended with fast.

wessy likes this.
  9. teslarati97

That would be the iX, the iX1 is touchscreen only.

Domenick and SameGuy like this.
  10. Alf_W

Alf_W Active Member

I know the Aceman is polarizing, but I hope that it does make its way to the United States. I like the styling and size. The trend toward large and heavy SUVs is disappointing to me. We need more rational-size cars. The prospect of 9000-pound behemoths flying down highways at 80 miles per hour is frightening. Screen Shot 2022-10-07 at 10.22.07 AM.png

Qisl, SameGuy, revorg and 1 other person like this.
  11. teslarati97

Vehicles above 6,000 GVWR are incredibly important for the wealthy as the tax credit value is often double or triple the value of the $7,500 for middle class.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

deduct 100% in the year put in service. That's what started the SUV craze in the 90s. The powers that be put the limit on how much $$ of a luxury car could be expensed to help the US automakers from the foreign invasion. Someone saw the 6,000 loophole, added leather to a work truck and viola. Suddenly the more expensive vehicle was cheaper.

14. Smart Wannabe

Smart Wannabe Member

I am excited on the Aceman. I highly suspect that it will be the first EV entry for next gen MINI EVs. I doubt that the small one will make it over the Pond to North America.

15. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

But we've been seeing test mules for the 2024 MINI Cooper SE since last December--wouldn't that be the first car out of the BMW/Great Wall Motor factory in Zhangjiagang, Jiangsu Province? Have you seen anything of the Aceman beyond the single concept vehicle?

16. Smart Wannabe

Smart Wannabe Member

I mean in north america

insightman likes this.
  17. SameGuy

YUL
    The camouflaged prototype a few posts up.

18. Texas22Step

Texas22Step Well-Known Member

Agreed, if one is driving a MINI or similar sized vehicle, but less so if one can afford to purchase and is also driving one of the 9000-pound behemoths.

19. pictsidhe

pictsidhe Well-Known Member

Sane countries tax giant cars to hell. Why, oh why, are there tax incentives for them here?

SameGuy likes this.
  20. SameGuy

YUL
    Not even giant cars, pretty much any car that is in excess of what one might actually need to get around. Geez, I think most (individual) European countries instituted stiff gas-guzzler taxes on cars with petrol engines larger than 1.8 litres as far back as the late '80s, and then even more levies based on size, weight, and price (luxury).