How do you disable turn by turn in the gauge cluster (Android auto + Waze)

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by JustAnotherPoorDriver, Apr 4, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. I usually keep Waze on the center display when I'm using it, and so find the turn by turn on the gauge cluster to be distracting since I have to dismiss them constantly if I'm trying to keep track of other parameters.

Some years ago I changed some settings either in Waze or the car that disabled the turn by turn on the center display, possibly something to do with notifications. Unfortunately either an update of Waze or my recent trip to the dealer to have my camera aligned for my new windshield has reset something and I can't find the setting.

Any clues?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Daniel M W

Daniel M W Member

I think what you are looking for is under: settings/vehicle/meter setup/turn by turn navigation or check page 330 of the owners manual.

4. Thanks. I actually found that setting. It was set to not display but as is often the case with state machines, if you turn it off and on again all the sudden it works.

5. If you have HH installed, there's also a setting within there that allows you to override the behavior (it's used in order to keep screen mirroring alive).

6. coutinpe

coutinpe Active Member

No doubt beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I have Iphone/Carplay and I wish I could use the turn by turn feature with Waze, Google Maps or whatever and not just with the crappy native Garmin, but Carplay doesn't allow it... I guess is something alike blondes dying their hair black and brunettes dying it yellow...

Daniel M W likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.