4 months into ownership

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Stillk, Mar 27, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Now that I have had my SE for 4 months and 1900 miles I am still figuring out all of the features on the car. I know most of you figured things out immediately - now that the weather is warming up

Recently something has changed and I can’t figure out if I have done something.

Initially when I turned off the car the radio and if operating the wipers would turn off when I opened the door. Now they continue on unless I turn them off manually which is sort of a pain.

I have searched through the various menus and can not see any options that
    1. I have purposely changed
    2. Look like they are applicable

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    They stop when you close the door (or a few seconds thereafter). Or, just hit the toggle a second time after you open the door and the car will shut down.

4. SameGuy

YUL
    I should add: hitting the “power” button on the radio only mutes it (and pauses anything being streamed).

5. I will try hitting the power button a second time with the door open - as noted in the past simply hitting the power button once and opening the door shut everything down.

6. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

When I disembark, I hit the power button once, then when I open the doors the music stops. Works like that in our F54 too. I hope you find a fix, because that sounds irritating.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. That is the way it used to be but no longer. The other issue is that the presets on my radio are no longer there. I tried the suggestion from Same Guy but that did not seem to work. Possible dealer visit

9. Newbs

Newbs New Member

Did you have a passenger in the car? I think on ours if there is a passenger, the radio says on until both doors have opened.

10. SameGuy

YUL
    This hasn’t been my experience, and I took delivery of my '23 in early August.

11. revorg

revorg Well-Known Member

I concur. The passenger enjoys the radio while the driver does whatever they are doing out of the car.

SameGuy likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. yoomini

yoomini Active Member

I believe the presets and general settings of the car are paired to the key. Are you interchanging your two main keys perhaps?

SameGuy likes this.
  14. chrunck

Yep, when there are two of us, it doesn't stop until both doors are opened.

Stillk, do you have a heavy bag in the passenger seat maybe? I would guess not, since then you would have the seat belt chime going off.

15. No passengers ~ in fact I bought the clip for the seat belt receiver. Also using the same key. I really think it is something I did in playing with the settings. I also noticed that the passenger mirror again dips when backing up - something I changed long ago. Weather is still in the 20s and 30s as soon as it becomes warmer I am going to spend time scrolling through the menus.

Minor issues - still throughly enjoy the car

16. chrunck

The mirror one is an easy fix. You just move the toggle by the mirror fold button.

17. SameGuy

YUL
    Wait. Are you using one on the driver’s side as well?

18. SameGuy

YUL
    It might be worth the $45 or so to get an OBDII dongle and BimmerCode to change some of the features. I’ve used it to turn off seatbelt warnings.