Hondalink fails to update Odometer Miles

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by vicw, Mar 13, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. vicw

vicw Active Member

I have Android app V4.7.8, dated 2/20/23 installed on my phone, and Hondalink seems to have lost the capability to update the Odometer miles, since that update.

I've been through a number of Refreshes with no change. Everything else seems to be working normally. Not a huge problem, but one that I haven't had to cope with before.

Madmartigen likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

It sometimes takes days. No idea what triggers it to either delay or suddenly sync, but it'll work eventually.

Robert_Alabama likes this.
  4. vicw

vicw Active Member

I've been tracking my activity on the Clarity, virtually daily, for 5 years, and I haven't experienced a failure to update, at least for a very long time.

On my app, for many months at least, and probably for the last few years, it had been reliably updating on every refresh, so this seems to be a significant change. Until it is restored, I can monitor it manually from the gauge, so it's not a major problem for me.

Madmartigen likes this.
  5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I've been using the Clarity app since 2017 and have never figured out why it updates the odometer readings when it does. It's clearly not the app's highest priority.

6. NorCalPete

NorCalPete Active Member

I had a similar delayed update issue but with the maintenance minder (MM) message. I did the A012 service in December and cleared the MM in the car, but the app didn't update for at least one month (i.e. it still indicated that maintenance was due). Very annoying, but it eventually updated and cleared that message. Everything else in the app (e.g., mileage, charge & fuel status) was accurate all that time. I've seen hiccups like that since getting the car in 2018.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Odometer updates as the car is driven. Super easy to view on the dash display.

Never used the app.

9. David Towle

David Towle Well-Known Member

I have gone as long as 6 months without the app updating. But it always eventually restarts.

10. Very similar thing is currently happening to me. No responses since that same update. Previous to that, no issues. It does update to tell that the car completed charging, but that is it. I use the in car timer to start charging at 10 pm, so that still works, but nothing I try to initiate from the app works.