I won't be charging at Kempower

Discussion in 'General' started by bwilson4web, Mar 28, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Recent YouTube video:

Apparently Kempower doesn't want to charge the 2/3ds of EVs sold in the USA, the Teslas. Curious Kyle didn't mention the 'elephant in the room', the Tesla plug.

Bob Wilson

Last edited: Mar 28, 2023
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Perhaps Kempower believes Tesla drivers would find charging using credit cards and apps too cumbersome after getting used to the ease of charging at the more numerous Tesla Superchargers.

bwilson4web likes this.
  4. Thanks for this, Bob. I didn't know Kyle was doing this video. I've wanted to actually do an infrastructure episode with Kempower myself.

I don't know that we'll see many non-Tesla networks adding Tesla-specific connectors, especially now that Tesla itself sells an adaptor. While there may be holes in Tesla Supercharger network (fewer every day, it seems), there aren't usually non-chargers available in those holes. So, Tesla drivers basically just use the in-car navigation which keeps them on that network.

insightman likes this.
  5. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

I'm driving to the Nashville Service Center, parts department:
    • Front and rear underbody panels - after 101,000 miles, they need replacement.
    • Model Y trailer kit - looking for the electronics but may buy the whole kit.
    • CCS-1 controller and adapter - try to order it. I have all other adapters as the 220 mi range may need it.
    • Phone numbers - how to call them.
    I have ordered the diagnostic cable:

Once I know it works, I'll call our local Tesla club for a demo and test of their Model 3 and Model Y.

BTW, you should try https://service.tesla.com/ web site. <GRINS>

Bob Wilson