12 volt battery problem and nightmare Hyundai communications

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 5' started by CharlesBranch, Jul 16, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Thanks for sharing this! InsideEVs wrote up a post about this issue and contacted Hyundai to confirm this was at least part of the issue(s). There are actually two issues. The main one is the unathorized overuse of Bluelink as described in the vivdeo.

The other cause is not mentioned in the video, but is what Hyundai calls "EV Light On with DTC P1A9096 ICCU related." To fix it, the Integrated Charging Control Unit (ICCU) and ICCU fuse have to be replaced.

Apparently, some vehicles that only had the ICCU fuse replaced also incurred Diagnostic Trouble Code P1B77 (high voltage error in the battery pack) as a result of ICCU failure. Those cases required the Power Relay Assembly (PRA) in the EV battery to be replaced as well.

"Hyundai also told InsideEVs that a rumor going around on forums lately about the ICCU campaign in Korea for coolant leak being possibly related and causing the above issue is false."

electriceddy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. rcarter3636

rcarter3636 Member

Here’s another video backing up what Domenick just posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. gulu3750

gulu3750 New Member

I have had same problem but dealer said its part of vehicles battery management system and leave it alone until there is complete breakdown and I can submit a video. Meanwhile they changed the charge port door under warranty costing them over 1400 Canadia dollars !
    All electric systems also failed but car fixed itself within an hour.

1stEV likes this.
  5. januszgrabon

januszgrabon Member

I leased a 2022 Hyundai Ioniq 5, Model SE Electric car, less than one year ago. It was a 4-year lease. The monthly payment was $655.00 plus insurance. The car is registered in New York State, but my current location is in West Palm Beach Florida, zip code 33417

On March 5th, 2023, the 12-volt battery in my Hyundai Ioniq 5, Model SE, with 7,111 odometer miles, would not accept any electric charge at all. Therefore, the car would not run and could not be driven. I called Hyundai Road Assistance and they towed my car to the nearest Hyundai dealership that was supposed to be able to diagnose and repair Hyundai Electric cars, Delray Hyundai at 655 NE 6th Avenue, Delray Florida, zip code 33438. I was given a loaner car to drive in the meantime until the problem with my Electric car could be solved.

On March 22nd, 2023, I returned to the Delray Hyundai dealership and the Service Manager told me 'I have no answer to the battery problem with your car'. The Sales/Financial Manager, Mr. Shawn Hossain, said that he would pay off my lease by buying back my 2022 Hyundai Ioniq 5, Model SE Electric car, for $46,811.60 from the Hudson Valley Credit Union, and that I could then assume a new 3-year lease for a 2023 Hyundai Ioniq, Model SEL Electric car, with a down payment of $5,742.00 and $742.00 a month. He convinced me to agree to his proposal, and I signed a new contract for another Electric car lease, with my friend as a witness. However, when I returned to the dealership a few days later, I learned that Mr. Shawn Hossain had not bought back my Hyundai Ioniq 5, Model SE to pay off the lease as he had stated he would. Mr. Shawn Hossain denied ever telling that to us.

Mr. Shawn Hossain lied to us. He never bought back my 2022 Electric Hyundai Ioniq 5, Model SE Electric car as he had promised. Also, the Service Manager has still not determined what is wrong with the battery in my first Electric car. I am a retired 78-year-old man on a fixed income. I am now burdened with the payments for not one but two Electric car leases that I absolutely cannot afford.

Sincerely,

John Grabon and Maria Delikat

Please help Janusz Grabon

6. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Is Delray Hyundai unable to repair your 2022 Ioniq 5? It's still under warranty, so they have to fix it, right? What happens if you try to terminate the lease on that dead I5? Unless you're ready to employ a lawyer (tough on a fixed income), it seems your only way out is to get your 2022 fixed and proceed from there.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. januszgrabon

januszgrabon Member

I leased a 2022 Hyundai Ioniq 5, Model SE Electric car, less than one year ago. It was a 4-year lease. The monthly payment was $655.00 plus insurance. The car is registered in New York State, but my current location is in West Palm Beach Florida, zip code 33417

On March 5th, 2023, the 12-volt battery in my Hyundai Ioniq 5, Model SE, with 7,111 odometer miles, would not accept any electric charge at all. Therefore, the car would not run and could not be driven. I called Hyundai Road Assistance and they towed my car to the nearest Hyundai dealership that was supposed to be able to diagnose and repair Hyundai Electric cars, Delray Hyundai at 655 NE 6th Avenue, Delray Florida, zip code 33438. I was given a loaner car to drive in the meantime until the problem with my Electric car could be solved.

On March 22nd, 2023, I returned to the Delray Hyundai dealership and the Service Manager told me 'I have no answer to the battery problem with your car'. The Sales/Financial Manager, Mr. Shawn Hossain, said that he would pay off my lease by buying back my 2022 Hyundai Ioniq 5, Model SE Electric car, for $46,811.60 from the Hudson Valley Credit Union, and that I could then assume a new 3-year lease for a 2023 Hyundai Ioniq, Model SEL Electric car, with a down payment of $5,742.00 and $742.00 a month. He convinced me to agree to his proposal, and I signed a new contract for another Electric car lease, with my friend as a witness. However, when I returned to the dealership a few days later, I learned that Mr. Shawn Hossain had not bought back my Hyundai Ioniq 5, Model SE to pay off the lease as he had stated he would. Mr. Shawn Hossain denied ever telling that to us.

Mr. Shawn Hossain lied to us. He never bought back my 2022 Electric Hyundai Ioniq 5, Model SE Electric car as he had promised. Also, the Service Manager has still not determined what is wrong with the battery in my first Electric car. I am a retired 78-year-old man on a fixed income. I am now burdened with the payments for not one but two Electric car leases that I absolutely cannot afford.

Sincerely,

John Grabon and Maria Delikat
    Please help me Case #21144081 I'm trying contact Hyundai Central over a month no auction (I call 3 times a day) just run around.
    Thanks again J. Grabon # 845-200-6053

9. januszgrabon

januszgrabon Member

2022 Ioniq 5 SE All wheel Drive

10. rcarter3636

rcarter3636 Member

I would start communication with Hyundai corporate immediately. Also check with BBB in your state about Lemon Law information. Some states Lemon Law eligibility is 30 days without use of your vehicle and a fix, you can start that process.

11. januszgrabon

januszgrabon Member

Thank You
    I call 2 times a day with no success I need Email address to Hyundai (hyundai central side is not working) Please Help ! J Grabon cell # 845-200-6053

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. insightman

What does Delray say about fixing your 2022 Ioniq 5?

14. januszgrabon

januszgrabon Member

H
    Derlay Hyundai Service Manager Joe told me they don't know what is wrong with a car and factory rep will come and make decision and car will be ready for buy out. In the meantime I'm calling Hyundai Central 2-3 times a day with no answer just run around.So far after a month they assigmented person to my case Liz never contact me. I don't know what alse can I do. Please help. J Grabon #845-200-6053

15. januszgrabon

januszgrabon Member

On Friday 14 th after talking to Hyundai for 45 minutes I missed call from my Case manager name is Liz my case #21144081 phone #1-833-462-8722 She supposed call back on Monday 17 (no time frame)
    Sincerely,
    J Grabon #1-845-200-6053

16. januszgrabon

januszgrabon Member

On Friday 14 th after talking to Hyundai for 45 minutes I missed call from my Case manager name is Liz my case #21144081 phone #1-833-462-8722 She supposed call back on Monday 17 (no time frame)
    Sincerely,
    J Grabon #1-845-200-6053

17. insightman

Other than filing a lemon-law case, Liz is your only hope. Stick by your phone.

18. januszgrabon

januszgrabon Member

Sincerely,
    J Grabon #1-845-200-6053
    Lemon Law is out becouse car I both NEW York
    Thanks

19. januszgrabon

januszgrabon Member

Thanks , I did removed Blue link uninstalled

Domenick likes this.
  20. januszgrabon

januszgrabon Member

Today I learned from my case manager Liz (Hyundai) case was transfer last monday (4/17/23 to trade-in departmant.
    J Grabon #845-200-6053

insightman likes this.