Car accident in boxborough

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by David nei, Mar 17, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. David nei

David nei New Member

Hi guys I recently on Tuesday had gotten into a accident with my clarity and my previous insurance company canceled my insurance on the 13th. I am wondering how much would it cost out of pocket to get it repaired as the airbag has been deployed on drivers side.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. JFon101231

JFon101231 Active Member

The short answer is Thousands but I don't think anyone here is going to be able to give you a better answer than that. You would need to go to a body shop and get an estimate put together

4. ClarityBill

ClarityBill Active Member

Sorry for your misfortune. Uninsured accidents are tough. I had insurance when I hit a deer, and it was still a problem...

Body shops seem willing to give an estimate... My estimate was over $8,000 and the insurance company considered it a total loss. (120,000 miles on the car, value of car at time of accident was about $12,000 - Just before Covid.)

I spent $3000 to 'fix it up myself'. I did not have any airbags go off in that accident. The headlight is $1,000. The running light was another $600 The insurance company was right to total the car: When I took the car apart to repair, there were internal supports broken they had not included in the estimate. (I did not replace those but I am driving it now... anybody want to buy a car?)

The front of the car has a lot of plastic, and even some of the internal supports are plastic: I am not impressed with the Clarity after an accident.

After I had 'fixed it up', I hit a bear that took out much of my new plastic, but no lights. I bandaged it up with zip ties and duct tape, and I have gotten another 20,000 miles since the bear hit...

5. Just cut the air bag away from the steering wheel and keep driving. Zero cost, if you own a pair of scissors or a knife.

Has our forum been compromised again?

ClarityBill, I’d like to recommend a rifle for your hunting adventures. It will save a great deal of wear and tear on your vehicles.

zman0900 likes this.
  6. David nei

David nei New Member

Going to go get a second opinion at another body shop on monday

7. To remove this ad click here.