New XSE

Discussion in 'Rav4 Prime' started by jaf in CO, Mar 14, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. jaf in CO

jaf in CO New Member

I just picked up my "23 XSE. While I'm on the free subscriptions, I'm looking for advice, feedback, comments on the relative values of those many options. Thanks

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Congrats! I know someone with a RAV4, but not a RAV4 Prime. I've only seen a couple of them on the road. I wonder why Toyota doesn't make as many as they could sell?

The 47-mile EV range on my Clarity Plug-In Hybrid (see photo at left) is enough so that I visited the gas station just once last year. When I manage to shake my COVID paranoia it will be ready for a long trip (unlike my MINI Electric with 110-mile EPA range).

I'm fascinated by the RAV4 Prime and can't figure out why, after terminating the Clarity PHEV, Honda dropped the ball and didn't make a CR-V Plug-In for the US (they sell one in China). Sorry I can't answer any of your questions, but I hope you won't mind my questions.

Did you have to wait long for your XSE? Did you get everything you wanted on your XSE? What color did you choose (or accept)? Did the dealer take advantage of the short supply and add a big markup?

What car did your RAV4 Prime replace? Is this the quickest car you've owned? Do you have a Level 2 EVSE? Will you take your RAV4 Prime off-road?

FYI, InsideEVs forums are always free--you don't have to worry about a non-subscriber time-limit.

4. jaf in CO

jaf in CO New Member

The new one replaced a 2016 RAV4 Hybrid, no Stage 2 charger yet. I may do some mild fire road type driving, but I have an old Frontier for anything more than that.

insightman likes this.
  5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

What's up with Toyota?

upload_2023-3-16_11-36-27.png

6. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. jaf in CO

jaf in CO New Member

I just picked up my ‘23 XSE after about a 4 week wait: Western Slope Toyota in Grand Junction, CO.