Problem with Nissan Connect Leaf 2023

Discussion in 'LEAF' started by Sorie4e, Aug 2, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

Tags:
  1. FrankB

FrankB New Member

Hello, same thing here.
    Impossible to start the remote heating with NissanConnect or to get the status of the car...
    Maybe it's not related, but the USB connection also stopped working at the same time. I can't connect my iPod, or iPhone (for music), no USB device detected anymore. I feel like they did an update recently that kind of screwed up things.
    Again, "maybe not related" but I can't reset my password on Nissan Owner Portal. lol
    I hope they still have competent staff to fix bugs...
    At least, I really enjoy driving the car.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I believe that all EVs are now required to emit an approved pedestrian warning noise when stopped. Our 2018 Clarity PHEV goes silent when I stop, but beginning with the 2020 Clarity PHEV the sound is always on when the car is in D. Our 2021 MINI Cooper also emits the pedestrian warning noise when stationary in D.

Perhaps the NHTSA was worried that blind people would walk into our EVs when we were temporarily stopped, but not worried enough to require the pedestrian warning noise to continue 24/7 even when the vehicle is turned off.

4. Kayle Clements

Kayle Clements New Member

That may be true, but then why does my Brother In Laws truck not need the same sound? It shuts the engine off while at a stoplight now (while idling) and it is completely silent? I don't understand why a ICE car can be silent and an EV can not.

5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Your bro-in-law's ICE vehicle is destined to become part of carbon-generating history. There's no reason to upset him and his buddies now, when in a surprisingly short time all vehicles will be electric.

After all our EVs are required to wirelessly report the number of miles we drive for tax purposes, we'll look back and think how trivial the imposition of a mandated noise was. The gummnt had better get such still-imaginary EV regulations into law before there are enough of us to pose a problem.

6. Nighthawk36

Nighthawk36 New Member

Greeting fellow Leaf owners and drivers.

I 'm new here and I too am a new Lease holder of a 2023 Nissan Leaf SV Plus. With a an active case number with Nissan for exact same thing.
    I am unable to set up my Nissan Connect EV service.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Collin Lovas

Collin Lovas New Member

Greetings Nissan Leaf owners! I just purchased a 2023 Nissan Leaf SV Plus and I'm unable to submit my acceptance of the terms and conditions of the Nissan Connect EV Services agreement. I receive an error message indicating to try later. Several days later, same issue. Nissan is investigating and all I can do is wait to hear from them.

At first blush, I thought this was a dealer prep issue. However, I'm glad I found this forum (and so is the dealer). I will report any progress (or lack thereof) here to help anyone else with this really very stupid issue. C'mon Nissan -- get your act together!

9. conrad22

conrad22 New Member

Yet another new '23 Leaf SV Plus owner (had the car for about 10 days here) with "The connection to the center failed" message - although I have had some mystery success in the last few days!
    Things that are working for me: USB ports, Apple CarPlay, Bluetooth connection to my iPhone, being able to register on the web for my NissanConnect EV Services (this just worked today!), intermittent success with the NissanConnect EV Services iOS app
    Things not working:
    Being able to lock/unlock the car remotely; various other EV Connect services. Just today I finally got the gray car with the satellite waves silhouette on the dash screen, as opposed to the gray car with the line through it.
    I have software rev 0348 - anyone have a newer version?

10. Roger Mortensen

Roger Mortensen New Member

Dissappointed new 2023 Nissan Leaf SV Plus owner here. We took delivery on 02/13/2023.

Getting kiss of death message on the Navigation screen: "The connection to the center failed."

When I got in vehicle I saw the failure message and immediately asked the Dealer Sales Rep we were working with. The Rep stated that the message was due to the vehicle not being transfered to me yet. WRONG. That message is a hugh RED flag. Do not accept delivery of a new Leaf displaying that message.

Am now getting the run-around from Nissan. Nissan is either intentionally mis-representing/hiding this production defect or Nissan doesn't have the instituional intelligance to recognize a significant design flaw. IDK which is more concerning!

Nissan has a Consumer Affairs dept (800-647-7261), a NissanConnect dept (844-711-8100), a Service network (thru dealers), a Techline (Nissan corp) and an Engineering dept (Nissan corp) none of whom appear to me to communicate with each other and are quick to point fingers at the orther departments.

Ridiculous, unacceptable and state Lemon Laws apply.

11. conrad22

conrad22 New Member

Roger, FWIW my "Connection Failed" problem went away after a couple weeks of ownership - although I couldn't tell you why it started working. Do you live in a region with maybe poor AT&T cellular coverage? (I do.) I remember the problem resolved when I drove to "the big city" where AT&T coverage was excellent, but that very well could have been coincidental.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Roger Mortensen

AT&T coverage where we live is good. I also own a 2022 Nissan Leaf SL Plus and its Telematics work normally. Thanks for the input...

Roger

14. DMPS

DMPS New Member

Just bought the 2023 Nissan Leaf SV Plus after leasing the 2021. And like everyone else, the app will not connect which was NOT an issue with the last Leaf. Extremely frustrating since I used the app in the 2021 to start the car automatically in the cold weather. When I call , they say they are working on the problem and I just received an email telling me the same thing. I'm starting to wish I'd gone with another car.

15. Roger Mortensen

I have tasked my attorney to begin invoking my claim for Lemon Law relief. This Lemon Law claim has to be handled in accordance with the Purchase Agreement and, as I live in Ohio, in accordance with the Ohio Revised Code. This process begins with a proscribed Arbitration procedure, according to my council.

Nissan seems to have a substantial manufacturing defect problem on their hands. I as a Nissan customer feel Nissan is not treating its customers fairly.

In addition, submitting a complaint to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (nhtsa.com) IMHO isn't appropriate as this manufacturing defect isn't a vehicle controllability safety issue (a wheel isn't about to fall off, for example).

Roger

16. Valloren

Valloren New Member

Hi all,

Just bought a 2023 SV+. Got to say, the EV Connect app is TERRIBLE. Unlike many of you, I was able to connect without much difficulty, but when I try to use the Plan Your Route function, the app seems to think my battery status is at zero charge, so it won't Plan a route ANYWHERE. I have hit the Update Battery Status button and all I get is a spinning icon for a few minutes and nothing changes. Anyone else experiencing this?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2023
  17. Roger Mortensen

I spoke with NissanConnect numerous times and was told the problems we all encounter are known issues, and that "They are working on it. Please give us time." My sense is that they have been 'working on it' for quite sometime without making much (any?) discernable improvement. IDK if Nissan isn't willing to invest as necessary to fix these issues or if Nissan does not have the corporate intelligence to understand the magnitude of the failures...

Nissan has a Consumer Affairs dept (800-647-7261), a NissanConnect dept (844-711-8100), a Service network (thru dealers), a Techline (Nissan corp) and an Engineering dept (Nissan corp) none of whom appear to me to communicate with each other and are quick to point fingers at the orther departments.

So I recommend you start by calling NissanConnect.

Roger

18. Peter Thurston

Peter Thurston New Member

I just encountered this issue.
    Select Advanced Settings / Change Charge Status to 100% or 80%
    Then the Router will work for these usual settings.

19. RadioDoc

RadioDoc New Member

Got my new SV+ on Saturday Oct 14 2023. The app wouldn't work. Went back to dealer Monday Oct 16 and they set it up for me and it connected to the car. Everything worked.

Next morning Oct 17 I charged the car at home level 2. All worked well. Went to lock the vehicle through the app at 3:50 pm. Would not work. The last time the app updated was 3:48 pm 10/17/2023. It hasn't updated since.

SOS works fine however. They can see my vehicle. GPS screen works fine in the car.

Today is now 10/19 and after 7 calls to Customer Care the last few days i am told i would be called back the next day since they have "escalated" my case. Yeah right! My dealer today contacted them on my behalf today when i stopped by there again for help. They told the dealership my case will be "expedited" and i will definitely get a call back tomorrow.

The Ariya app is apparently different from the Leaf I'm told. The Ariya app works according to everyone I've asked who owns one.

I'm expecting no calls tomorrow from customer care. They've lied to me 7 times now.

I'm toying with the ideas of Florida Lemon Law guidelines. Sad part is that i love the car otherwise.

20. RadioDoc

RadioDoc New Member

Same with my new 2023 SV+. SOS works and they can locate my vehicle.

The app doesn't do anything but fail

Tech support is Useless.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

21. Sorie4e

Sorie4e New Member

It has been over a year, but they (big Nissan, not the dealership) pushed out a software update to all Leafs and then it started working. It has worked since without problems.

I was in the same dead-in loop. I finally gave up, and then it just started working one morning.

The picture of your car on the center display should have bubbles coming out of the car (up in the top right if center screen). No bubbles, no connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

22. Sorie4e

Sorie4e New Member

Here is a Reddit discussion on the same topic. https://www.reddit.com/r/leaf/comments/10gi5eu/2023_nissan_leaf_does_not_connect_to/

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

23. geremyw00d

geremyw00d New Member

It's good that you've reached out to Customer Care and your dealership for assistance. Escalating the case and expediting it should help get the issue resolved faster. While it's disheartening that you haven't received the expected callbacks, sometimes these processes can take a bit of time.