Breaking News: car salesmen are liars!

Discussion in 'Bolt EV' started by First_Bolt, Oct 28, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Tell them to reduce their "market adjustment" to keep the "agreed" price the same when your Bolt arrives.

How many showers did you have to take when you got home before you felt uncontaminated?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. First_Bolt

First_Bolt New Member

OK, here's an update: more than a month goes by. I call GM customer support to ask about the progress of my order. They have no record of my order, and I tell them I was never given an Order Number by Lee Johnson. They're shocked! No order number? So I visit L.J. and want to talk to my salesman but he's very busy, and promises to call me later. An hour later he phones. I complain that GM doesn't know anything about my order, and ask if Lee Johnson is just sitting on my $2,500 deposit? He apologizes and tells me he'll email me the Order Number promptly, and that I'm in the queue with six cars ahead of me, and he'll keep me informed of my Bolt's progress. The email arrives and I'm satisfied. Now it's just a waiting game.

Domenick likes this.
  4. First_Bolt

First_Bolt New Member

Ha Ha! Actually the salesman was pleasant, it was the General Manager that was irritating.

LCTROID, Domenick and insightman like this.
  5. Frustrating, but it's progress.

LCTROID likes this.
  6. Howie

Howie New Member

At 73 yrs old, I decided I didn't want to wait or deal with the GM dealers. Last month I went to Paramount Motors on 6th Ave S in Seattle and bought a 2017 LT with a new battery, blind spot monitoring, rear collision alert and heated seats and steering wheel and the extra rear deck. They specialize in EVs and it was a good experience. With the $4,000 tax credit off my 2023 tax bill, the price was under $19,000. They might be worth looking at if you don't mind the first generation Bolt and aren't locked in. No haggling or trying to sell you extras.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. LCTROID

LCTROID New Member

I'm disappointed in hearing this. I bought from Lee Johnson back in Dec. and I can get names if anyone wants, but the Mgr. I dealt with was named James. I think the Sales Mgr.
    Everybody I worked with was amazing. Didn't pay anything over MSRP but we bought a Premier.
    But... we got extremely lucky. I made a random call to them on a Wed. Was told they had one to test drive & we'd only driven a KIA EV6. Also had a $500 deposit down on an order for the EV6. Got a call that Friday evening from James who said, "I have some bad news." I replied, "You sold it." He said, "Yes, but possibly good news. A woman ordered one Bolt EV but somehow two identical cars arrived last night on the transport."
    We were the second people in the door the next morning (they were buying a truck). 5 min. into the test drive we drove back & bought it.
    Absolute 2nd least hassle I've ever had buying a car in 41 years.

Domenick likes this.
  9. OneEV

OneEV Member Subscriber

My suggestion is to walk anyways .. paying 30k for a Bolt is insane. You cant road trip it.(well you can but all you'll do is piss everyone off at the DCFCs as you take an 1-1/2 hours to charge. I drove one for 3 years. Consider getting something that is a bit larger and actually fast charges. You can get aVinFast on lease for $250 a Month.. $250 a month , thats screaming deal. The EV battery sector is moving so fast that in 3 years you'll be look at 400-600 mil range evs for 35K-40k.

Dont get me wrong I loved the Bolt for the time (not many other choices then) it was "ok" .Charging just so so bad though. HVAC is terrible drains the battery fast

10. Fred R

Fred R New Member

Where did you get that great lease deal ?

11. OneEV

OneEV Member Subscriber

Fred you asking about my posts? If so just go to VinFasts website vinfastauto.us
    upload_2024-3-3_19-1-53.png

upload_2024-3-3_19-4-9.png

$249 a month for the base ..I think $299 for the top version with panoroof etc..

Look were talking 260 miles of range , OK charging ..think it tops out at 135kW..like the original ID 4 before update.

The idea for me is while it may not be the nicests ev out there , a few bugs here and there(software..will get worked out. something seems like all new EVs initially have ssues with)

But for me I look at it like this from a working persons prespective that cant just spend 60k every 3,4,5 years on a new ev,.. in 3 years we will start seeing solid state batteries really coming to market fast, all the new EVs will be getting at least 350 miles of range with some upto 700 miles of range. Charging times on all the new evs with solidstate should be be 10-15 minute range . so with a $250 a month lease I can save/set aside./nvest another 300-500 a month for a hefty downpayment new ev (that I or maybe you really want)when range and charging spppeds are no longer any issue at all.

$250 a month, that's really a great deal . I pay $600 a month on my ID 4. which while a bit better build quality ..well if I VinFast was offering these deals when I was looking 10 months ago...I would have taken that over the ID 4.

Attached Files:

12. To remove this ad click here.