Help! missing part for my Clarity

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by JohnT, Feb 28, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. JohnT

JohnT Active Member

Hi
    Recap - deer hit car in Nov .. finally all parts but one are now at the repair center - but the 2nd radiator has no ETA or any information...I'm in Canada, and searched all over but
    no success so far. Anybody that knows where I can get one - the information would be appreciated:

Honda part # 1J0815WJA01
    Radiator, Second Core

Thanks a lot John

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Daniel M W

Daniel M W Member

4. JohnT

JohnT Active Member

Thanks a Lot Daniel

I called them and they can get the part - it is in stock in Honda US warehouse - but not Canada:-( unfortunately they don't ship to Canada so will have to see if I can find a way around that.

Daniel M W likes this.
  5. SSpiffy

SSpiffy Member

I live in Everett, WA. If you want to order it and have it shipped to me, I can meet you on my side of the border and hand it off - assuming you're in lower BC... (I can't go into Canada for reasons.) PM me and we can arrange it.

Gene

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

6. JohnT

JohnT Active Member

Thanks Spiffy - very kind... I can't go to the USA :) on top of which I am in Ontario - long haul to BC!
    I did find a dealer in Florida that would ship to Canada and my car repair guy has ordered it from them.
    Peeved at Honda Canada... their 'customer relations' were zero help - said they cannot get Honda parts from Honda USA why not??? Anyhow hopefully problem solved and might get my car fixed in the next month or so. Just to add - the car repair shop has to pay for all the parts ordered since Nov and doesn't get paid until the car is fixed :-(

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. JohnT

JohnT Active Member

Update - part arrived from Florida then ONE day later Honda Canada delivered the "no ETA" rad... scheduled for repair end of March

9. JohnT

JohnT Active Member

Hi
    Pleased to say my car has been beautifully repaired - and after a 'glitch' with sensors, radiators etc all is working great.
    I have a drivers side headlight and the radar unit - both working - that I'd like to sell .. any advice on where to try and sell them, and how much?
    thanks John

MrFixit likes this.
  10. MrFixit

MrFixit Well-Known Member

I would tend to look at this 2 different ways... First, what do new ones cost?
    The headlights are crazy expensive (~$1500). The radar sensors are ~$500.
    I would expect to get maybe half of that for a used one.

Second, as a sanity check, look at what used ones are selling for on eBay.
    A quick look shows headlights in $650-$800 range the and radar sensors in the $150-$250 range.
    I assume you could list them on eBay. If you want to sell them quickly, price them below what others are listed for.

Be sure to consider shipping when comparing your price to other listings since you are in Canada.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2023
    Daniel M W likes this.
  11. JohnT

JohnT Active Member

Thanks Mr Fixit good advise - gotta clean the light up first. Interesting note.. my main battery claims more range now - tho' nothing was done with electrics.. 59 mile range

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. JohnT

JohnT Active Member

14. If you do some research, I recall there's an Android app specifically targetted toward your situation. Basically, it's for OTR drivers/owner operators who might already been en route a specific way (or on a backhaul) to offer dropping off a parcel or other such effects while their driving their route. I don't recall how the costing works at all, but my previous occupation responsibilities included 3rd party logistics coordination for a few years out of a frozen food facility in the US (we regularly shipped exports to Canada, both Toronto and Vancouver). If you need a few contacts, I can likely dig up a number or two for you to try reaching out to? I'm not sure how large the part is exactly, but assuming it's not something that takes up an entire pallet space, likely it shouldn't be too much extra in terms of compensation to drop something like this off, but that'll be up to your luck and negotiation skills!