Need new Right Side Door Mirror

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Kevin in CT, Feb 10, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Kevin in CT

Kevin in CT New Member

Hi Folks,

My Bride this am, chose the oblivious decision of hitting a large plastic garbage can instead of the car coming head on at her and clipped the right side door mirror. Has anyone had to replace this mirror? I am looking for a replacement mirror and if it's not to difficult the Service Manual to see how it all goes together. Also to see if I can just buy some of the mirror parts in stead of the whole assembly.

Mainly it appears the plastic parts and mirror are broken. The camera still works and mirror moving mechanism seems to work too.

Any Help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Kevin in CT
    Mystic ,CT

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. JFon101231

JFon101231 Active Member

Nice to see another CT resident!

Seems unlikely you'd find someone selling just the plastics so I'd plan to replace the whole thing. Not a ton of cars but have you tried ebay or some of the online junkyard "aggregators"?

4. leehoewonek

leehoewonek Member

My daughter broke off some of the plastic on the extreme outer edge of the mirror, so like yours everything worked but the black surround was missing for the far section. I ordered a bag of small plastic beads online that are meant for this kind of thing. I heated them up in boiling water so it was like a piece of soft wax, then put it in place on the mirror, filling in the gap left from the broken parts. It looks a bit cheesy because I shaped it by hand, so there are subtle finger impressions in it, but other than that it has held up well for a couple of years. I just looked up my order, it was Thermoworx Blackmorph.

JFon101231 likes this.
  5. Reyn

Reyn New Member

A few months ago while driving in the car pool lane, a motorcyclist broke my passenger side mirror. It was repaired by the Honda service station, and the insurance paid for the entire repair. The car is owned by Honda (it’s a company car) and so I don’t know how much the repair cost. But it took two weeks for the Honda service station to get the parts.

6. Kevin in CT

Kevin in CT New Member

I did finally find some replacement parts at www.billkayhonda.com. They ship from Illinois and only took 4 days.
    I was able to Snap the new Skull Cap into place and after a bit of finagling get the mirror wires connected & new mirror snapped in too.
    Prices were similar at other websites but they had them in stock.
    Hint: in ordering the Skull Cap # 76201-TRT-A01ZJ; Right Side Mirror, COLOR #R543P. The Color Code is Important to match your car.
    My 2018 Clarity-plugin BASE model is Crimson Pearl ( on Window Sticker) but shows as Carnelian Red on different websites. I eventually found the Correct Color Code- R543P to match my car.

7. To remove this ad click here.