New 2023 SE Owner

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by SJA, Jan 3, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. SJA

SJA Member

Awesome, are they 18x8? Do you mind sharing the tire size and setup you went with and offset? Also curious how range was affected by the 18’s?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. jakesmini

jakesmini Member

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

4. jakesmini

jakesmini Member

45mm offset, everything else should be in the photo. Let me know if that works!

5. SJA

SJA Member

Awesome, I am thinking the exact setup 18x8 et45. Just wasn't sure if the 205 tire was stretched too much and 215 would be better. Would love to see more pics if you have them.

6. jakesmini

jakesmini Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Honestly a 215 would probably be better, but I like how the 205’s look

wessy and SameGuy like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    …I’ll be in my bunk.

jakesmini likes this.
  9. Percivel

Percivel New Member

But do we have any say over which tires we get? My salesperson won't respond to that question. I am scheduled now, but try if I can get anywhere....

10. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

MINI dealers have no way to specify which tires come on the MINI Cooper SE.

For the first time, one US forum member reported his SE came with run-flat tires instead of the normal go-flat summer-performance tires. Perhaps MINI ran out of the go-flats and just stuck tires from an ICE MINI on his SE, but he hasn't responded to confirm his suspicion that his SE is the 1st in the US delvered from the factory with run-flats.
    Is there a way to confirm a nitrogen fill from the factory? Assuming the dealer didn't empty and refill the tires, do you have to fill a balloon from the tire, and then somehow test if a candle can burn in the gas that you captured?

SameGuy likes this.
  11. pictsidhe

pictsidhe Well-Known Member

One of the best parts of the R53.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. SameGuy

YUL
    BMW didn’t think so.

197A6D66-DC76-4E42-AD12-7279EF18AF39.jpeg

14. SameGuy

YUL
    Update for those who are still waiting for packages to arrive via Royal Mail from the UK: I got my roll of black vinyl on Thursday, exactly one month after ordering it. So international parcels are definitely getting through, albeit very slowly.

It turns out it’s a die cut roll of Oracal 651, which is high-quality vinyl. If Kill-All-Chrome got the dimensions spot-on, this should be very easy to apply.

15. wessy

wessy Active Member

Those BBS wheels are beautiful, @jakesmini, and they look fantastic on your SE!

jakesmini likes this.
  16. pictsidhe

Nitrogen is a waste of money compared to dry air IMHO. Yeah, maybe you'll pick up 0.1s at the track, but spend your money elsewhere on the road.
    I have an inline desiccant dryer from Horror Fright.
    When I had my winter tyres fitted, it was warm and raining. I noticed the wet air as large pressure changes with temperature. A few flushes at work with my desiccator sorted the problem.

17. SameGuy

YUL
    I have an inline filter on my system, but I'll likely add a blue-beads dessicant filter as well; when I changed some plated NPT fittings recently, I noticed the bores were thoroughly rusty.

18. pictsidhe

Inline filters only catch particles. Hot air carries a lot more water vapour. Cheap compressors put out hot air. Reservoir tanks help a lot.

19. SameGuy

YUL
    Water does come out of the filter's drain, though, but the big 60 gallon tank also gets drained before I put it to bed (if I know I'm unlikely to be using air within the next 12-24 hours).

20. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

You don't have to be a member to use the nitrogen fill-station in my local Costco's parking lot.

That's still much trouble for me.

SameGuy likes this.