Downside of owning an SE

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Qisl, Feb 4, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Qisl

Qisl Active Member

Before I received my SE, I rode my bicycle everywhere.

Since I received my SE a few weeks ago, I've turned into a dreaded cager, joining the streams of traffic in my suburb.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Quiet Mini

Quiet Mini Well-Known Member

Same. Before my main vehicle was a bicycle and my backup was an old VW Westfalia. I drive the Mini everywhere now since I’m not wasting fuel.

4. pictsidhe

pictsidhe Well-Known Member

I walk less since I got my SE.

5. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    Living in a very-car-dependent suburb, I don’t think my use has changed too much, but at least I’m enjoying getting behind the wheel now. I haven’t felt that since my smart fortwo cabrio was running well (already) a few years ago, driving top-down in a fuel-sipping gokart.

6. My family is jealous of MINI as they think I’m obsessed with it - as I always choose it for a drive, talk about it, and read about it … on this forum

revorg and SameGuy like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    Yup. They’re all bored of my blah blah. Wife has given me crap for taking care of niggles and touching up minor road rash, while her Scooby has had a nasty scratch for four years that I have yet to sort.

9. When we had our Subaru Legacy, we only took it out on weekends and long drives to the hills, we use it when it was absolutely necessary to use a car; otherwise we walk to town.

Now, we will always find an excuse to use the SE, even though the dairy to buy milk is only at the next block.

insightman and SameGuy like this.
  10. ZDBRG

ZDBRG New Member

You bike in Plano? On the George Bush?? ha