Did Domenick get his Bolt?

Discussion in 'General' started by bwilson4web, Jan 27, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Any Bolt luck @Domenick? Photos?

Bob Wilson

Fastnf likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Hi Bob, and thanks for the thread. I do not, yet, have a Bolt EV. It's been hard finding one, and then last week I got side-tracked looking at Tesla Model 3's.
    Had what seemed like a productive chat with a dealer not too far from me who might be getting some in a swap with another dealership for Malibus.
    Basically, what I want is the light blue (Ice Mist) LT1 with the dual voltage chargecord and maybe the Comfort and Convenience package that adds heated seats and steering wheel.
    I drove a fully loaded one for a week, so I'm also wrestling with myself over getting an LT2 with the cord and maybe the infotainment package. I'd have to sell my old '88 Ranger pickup truck to pay for that upgrade, which is probably a good idea, but I've had that thing for so long, it'd be hard to let go of. When I had my Spark, it only ever left the garage for the odd fishing trip to the coast or help friends move brush.

turtleturtle likes this.
  4. bwilson4web

Is there are national search function?

The local dealer only has white. As for the other specs, I don't know. If I (or anyone) can help, let me know.

Bob Wilson

insightman likes this.
  5. ke4d

ke4d New Member

So which car did you put a deposit on?

6. So, I seemed on the cusp of getting a Bolt EV. I had a dealer in South Georgia trying to include one in a dealer inventory trade, but that apparently didn't go through (the dealer with the Bolt had a $5,000 markup on their dealer site).
    Then, that same day, Wednesday, I had a guy from a Miami area dealership call and say he had some coming in, but when I asked for trim and package details, they told me they get that info and get right back to me. Which never happened.
    So then Thursday evening Out of Spec calls and talks me out of getting a new Bolt EV, and get something used and affordable or a Model 3 (also used). Today after the Podcast, we started looking at used EVs online and I finally found something and put a deposit on it.
    I think I might wait until next Friday to give out all the details, but we'll see. It could still fall through!

Fastnf, rcarter3636 and insightman like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. bwilson4web

Progress!

Personally I would have recommended a 2016 BMW i3-REx. The range extender engine would give you 24x7 long legs while the 72 mi EV range would handle local trips. The 2016 was the best year for a light weight, efficient BMW i3-REx.

Bob Wilson

Last edited: Feb 4, 2023
    Domenick likes this.
  9. Sounds great Dominick. I waited 18 months for my Lightning, I can wait another week to hear about your next
    EV details. Best of luck on your purchase.

Domenick likes this.
  10. Chris cook

Chris cook New Member

11. I'd actually seen that and suggested a friend located much closer go check it out. Seemed like you'd have to go and inspect cars in person. Looks like it's all over now and some people got some pretty good deals.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Adam J

Adam J New Member

I was so excited to hear on today's podcast that Dom is finally getting a Tesla, I started a GoFundMe to help him offset the cost. He's been pretty honest about his price range and I think it'd be a great gesture if we could send him a little support, especially for how hard he works wrangling that crew every week and all the work he does on the forums.

https://gofund.me/07268548

Domenick likes this.
  14. bwilson4web

Retired, I don't have much but I can pickup the price of two Supercharger sessions.

GOOD LUCK DOM!

Bob Wilson

ps. If he passes through Huntsville AL, I have a free couch and L2 charger.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2023
    Domenick likes this.
  15. Adam J

Adam J New Member

Thanks Bob, just saw your donation. Cheers!

16. Adam, thanks for setting that up. I do feel a little out over my skis financially with this deal, but I'm going to use it as incentive to start a Youtube channel.
    So, even if this $60 is all the money the account collects, I deeply appreciate it! And I'm glad you enjoy the Podacast enough to motivate you to set it up.

17. Adam J

Adam J New Member

Well you deserve it! I wish I could get it more attention but couldn't get the guys from the show to share the link (they didn't respond to me on Twitter). Maybe cuz they have no way of knowing if I'm legit, which is a fair point, but I'd be happy to connect privately with any one of you guys to prove I'm for real. I thought if I could get them or the podcast to mention it, it could get some traction...but I'm just a lowly normal person with only 125 YouTube subscribers (but I do have one 1M view viral video to my credit! ). Either way I figured it cant hurt to try to do something nice for someone else in the EV community..

Domenick likes this.
  18. It's almost midnight Central Time, and I've stopped for the night in Kuttawa, Kentucky.
    There are Superchargers here, with several hotels adjacent. The previous Supercharger in Marion, were 250 kW, so much quicker.
    Car's working great so far. Realized it also has premium sound and the upgraded interior with the fancy lumbar seats.

I know you're legit. I'm sure I've seen you comment during the show regularly.
    Whould mind checking out your channel. What's the name?

19. Adam J

Adam J New Member

Its just a bunch of random stuff but here's the one that made me famous for a week haha. Apparently back when they first came out, I was one of the first people to figure out you could make Google Homes and Amazon Alexas talk to each other

Can't believe you actually got the Tesla! I thought there was a high chance something was gonna happen at the dealership that would kill the deal. Glad I was wrong. Excited to hear about the road trip adventure!

20. bwilson4web

I haven't been driving enough to finish the podcast. Did the Tesla come with FSD or just AutoPilot?

Don't be in a hurry learning AutoPilot ... treat it with an abundance of caution. In 2019, it took me three weeks to map out the 'bad spots' and develop confidence in it for ordinary driving. Yes, I use it in urban driving too.

Bob Wilson

21. bwilson4web

Before reaching Atlanta, I recommend getting a good charge and biology break at Acworth Supercharger. There is a Publics and plenty of fast food in walking distance. Treat George drivers as if they are half blind, homicidal maniacs and Atlanta is their nest.

Bob Wilson

Domenick and hashtagchris like this.
  22. hashtagchris

hashtagchris New Member

Congrats Domenick! Glad to hear the financing, sale and Tesla transfer went through. Enjoy the premium sound, and tell your passengers to enjoy the adjustable lumbar support that's no longer there on the new Model 3s!

Domenick likes this.
  23. hashtagchris

hashtagchris New Member

If you have premium connectivity ($10/mo, free trial?) for your drive, I've found the "Play <Song Name>" voice command works really well. One of my favorite things about my car.

Domenick likes this.