Still waiting for E-4orce...

Discussion in 'Ariya' started by StubbyStan, Jan 30, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

Are you still waiting for your Ariya Reservation?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Purchased a different vehicle

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Gonna buy Bolt like Dom

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. StubbyStan

StubbyStan New Member

After reading a disturbing article here on InsideEVs:
    https://insideevs.com/news/640865/nissan-tells-dealers-ariya-will-be-limited-supply-this-year/
    about the probable lack of Ariya inventory, it prompted me to contact Nissan to see if there was any update for those of us who have reserved AWD drive versions of the vehicle. Back in October Nissan reached reservists & said that delivery of the FWD trims of the vehicle would begin in late October/early November and that AWD trim would begin "early in 2023". When asked for specificity on the timing I was told that I would be told more in the "beginning of the new year".

Fast forward to today when I spoke with an operator who informed me that the AWD deliveries are set to begin in "Spring of 2023". When asked for specificity of what that means I was told that this is all the information that they have to share at this time "but we understand your frustration". I am not a fan of how any of this has been handled and the thing that is keeping me engaged with this vehicle is the $11,500 in incentives and rebates that I would get from federal and state governments. Hell, even with all of that my Platinum+ Ariya would be about the same as a Model Y LR (after incentives).

It just makes no sense to me that Ford has announced and released two EVs, the Hyundai group has 3 bespoke EVs on the market (with 2 more on the way this year) & two completely new auto manufacturers were able to release 4 models before the company that made the first fully viable mass market EV can get their second vehicle to US shores completely.

That Modely Y is looking more & more enticing...

2. To remove this ad click here.