Buick Electra-X Concept

Discussion in 'Buick' started by Nebula, Jun 1, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Attached Files:

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Bruce M.

Bruce M. Well-Known Member

That's very sharp looking. I hope it comes to the U.S.

4. I think this design, or at least the production version of it, would sell here and it's built on the Ultium platform, so it's not beyond the realm of possibility. I lean more toward it not coming, but then again, there could be a very similar vehicle for the US.

5. Here is the Production version, the Buick Electra E4
    2024-Buick-Electra-E4-Crossover-China-Exterior-Leak-001-Front-Three-Quarters.jpg 2024-Buick-Electra-E4-Crossover-China-Exterior-Leak-004-Rear-End.jpg
    2024-Buick-Electra-E4-Crossover-China-Exterior-Leak-006-Design-Details-Version-ADW-GS-Badge.jpg 2024-Buick-Electra-E4-Crossover-China-Exterior-Leak-005-Design-Details.jpg

Domenick likes this.
  6. Bruce M.

I can't imagine why they wouldn't sell this in the U.S. It's gorgeous. Do we know the dimensions?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. It's about the same size as the Equinox EV. From GMA, the E4 is as follows: 189.7 inches long, 75.3 inches wide and 62.2 inches high. The wheelbase measures 116.3 inches.

Domenick likes this.
  9. Bruce M.

So it's also about the same size as a Mustang Mach-E. They'd be crazy not to sell it in the U.S.

10. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

The Chinese Electra will not be eligible for US EV tax credits, and it will be subject to at least a 25% import tariff, so the only way this could be sold in the US would be to build it in the US. It could be built in the US as a rebodied Equinox EV, but Chevy will have to prove it can meet the demand for the "$28,975" Equinox EV before it starts diverting Ultium platforms to Buick.

It was great foresight in 1959 to name a Buick "Electra." My MINI Cooper SE's license plate is "ELECTRO"--I didn't want people to think I was driving a Buick (as if anyone would confuse a MINI Cooper with a Buick). Unsurprisingly, the "ELECTRA" plate was already taken, so it's good I didn't crave it.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2023