Charge Door

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 5' started by Even, Jan 10, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Even

Even New Member

I cannot open the charge door on my car by pressing on it. I have to use the electronic key to open it. It has been that way since I bought the car and I just made an appointment at my dealership to get it fixed before the one-year warranty is up. Has anyone else out there experienced this same issue?
    Once the door is open I can close it by pressing the button below the charge indicator lights. Since the spot to press on the door to open it lines up with the inside button I figured it works as a toggle switch and probably the physical connection between the door and switch is poor.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I must have blinked--I thought Hyundai offered long warranties to increase sales. Did they decrease the length of the warranty on vehicles they can't make enough of to meet demand, so there's no urgency to increase sales?

4. BobS

BobS Active Member

Try opening and closing the back passenger door, then push the dimpled area on the charge door. Opening and closing the passenger door seems to wake up the system. If you have to push very hard on the charge door to get it open try putting a piece or two on the charge door button.

Works every time for me.

5. Glenn Gore

Glenn Gore Member

My open door button does not work if I press on the dots on the door like you’re supposed to. It will only open if I press to the right of those dots. Evidently that spot is more able to make the protruding stick of plastic press the Open button.

Sent from my iPad using Inside EVs