Anyone else been stuck in Quality Check for a week or more?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by abrandt, May 20, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. I put a non-refundable $5,000 down and had them do a binding contract so that they wouldn't play the "Swap the build slot" game with me. That was in late April, so I'm going in confident that I meet the criteria.

Aquavir likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Aquavir

Aquavir Active Member

CT also reimbursed me $500 for the ChargePoint Home Flex and $500 for the install; the EVSE was $700 and the install was ~$1800 (but that included adding a 30 amp generator plug outside). Also, I get $200 a summer for letting the power company limit my peak hour charging. So all that made it a real no brainier.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

SameGuy and WildHare65 like this.
  4. revorg

revorg Well-Known Member

I can agree that charging stations are a fleeting worry. In the past 18 months, I've only charged away from home twice - once before I had a functioning home charger, and once at the dealer just to test their level 3.

Aquavir likes this.
  5. DJCoopster

DJCoopster Well-Known Member

That's fairly typical.

In my 2x Leafs prior to Mini, I did 3x fast charges over 5 years and just a handful of charges away from home, one of which was due to a neighborhood power outage.

Aquavir likes this.
  6. Aquavir

Aquavir Active Member

Hard to believe that a year ago it was just starting to sink in that we might be in for a bit of a wait for our cars. But they all eventually came, and I’ll roll over 23K miles tomorrow. Happy motoring!

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

insightman likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. wally3

wally3 Active Member

Hey strangers - it’s been awhile. checking in because last week i got a notice from mini congratulating me on a year of ownership. Gave me pause as i know i did not pick up my car until September. Guessing maybe they calculated to the day it rolled off the assembly line and started waiting for transport? Anyone else get this?

If nothing else, i figure i could use it as support for my rebate claim in my taxes…

Wally

9. DJCoopster

Same here, I picked mine up Sept 10 I think.

Jerks. lol!

10. DJCoopster

I am finally getting my bad LED strip between the passenger airbag and glovebox replaced a week from Saturday.

It's not very convenient being 2 hours from the dealer, but they have been great to work with.

11. DJCoopster

LED strip replaced, ***and***, drum roll please, my AGS was loose again.

I had them reseat it properly. Nothing is broken or cracked. The tech said it's finicky to get installed on the lower rail properly and he knew how to do it.

Time will tell on the AGS fix, but it's nice finally having the LEDs strip be uniform.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. DJCoopster

Related to getting the work done Saturday, the dealership is ~110miles via highway from my house. I stop and charge at a Hyundai dealer at 88miles to get there and top off there to ~90% to get home. No issue.

Except when you leave your laptop bag in the loaner you had and don't realize it until ~45miles down the road.

I turned around, went into power save mode with low regen, lower A/C on recirc, a bit slower.

I got back to the Mini dealer at ~30% then back to the Hyundai dealer for the 3rd time that day at 16%.

That mistake cost me about 2 hours of time, but I was very happy to be able to make the charges/range work out without too much fuss.

The Hyundai dealer just happens to be the one we bought our Ioniq 5 from last month, all because I stopped there to charge the Mini and sat in one and was very impressed.

I got home with 7%/7miles of range, the lowest I've ever been. The battery was 102F at one point from the highway driving/fast charges.

~89KWH charged in one day is a record for me.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2023
    Puppethead likes this.
  14. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

A number of dealers in my area have started restricting charging to their own models, with signs telling the public to stay away. I think your anecdote exposes the folly of that. Allowing the general public to charge at Hyundai earned them a sale!

15. DJCoopster

Yes, and I definitely added a mention of that in my Plugshare checkin at that charger.

Puppethead likes this.
  16. DJCoopster

My SE is currently 'sale pending' unfortunately.
    • We're buying a travel trailer in the spring so I bought a Chevy Colorado for towing about a month ago
    • I switched to working from home about 3 months ago so I'm not driving much
    • We also have an Ioniq 5
    It just doesn't make sense to keep it financially, even though I absolutely love the car.

What a ride it was to get it, ugh, but good memories!
    upload_2023-11-14_10-30-47.png

Aquavir likes this.