Windshield washer fluid/antifreeze?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by SameGuy, Dec 3, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. MrSnrub

MrSnrub Well-Known Member

No idea lol im back at work on Monday. Then off to Mexico on the 26th

SameGuy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. -Amanda

-Amanda Active Member

I recently bought 2 jugs of washer fluid from Mini Calgary and it was $7 CAD a jug.

4. MrSnrub

Brutal

5. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    Did you have to do a secret Stonecutters challenge-response at the parts department two weeks ago? Or will I get that case for 16 bucks too?

6. MrSnrub

It was literally listed on a sheet “16$ par case, limit 2 case par personne”

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. SameGuy

YUL
    Lol awesome.

9. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

You would think they would sell antifreeze in bags like they do for milk.

10. MrSnrub

Ewwwww Milk

ive seen some gear oils sold in bags.

teslarati97 likes this.
  11. Costco Stores here in Ottawa (and I suspect in most of Ontario and Quebec) sells Laurentide -45°C Windshield Washer Fluid.
    In store, Costco sells a case of 4 x 3.78 liters. I can’t remember how much it sells for but the Costco price is better than Walmart or what’s sold at just about any other retailer. (Way cheaper than at gas stations)
    (On line you can can buy a pallet of 208 cases of 4 from Costco for $899 (including shipping))
    It contains IPA - isopropyl alcohol.

The -45°C is worth going for because when sprayed on your cold windshield at highway speeds, the windchill effect causes -30°C to freeze on the glass.

Before Costco sold this this stuff, I always bought -45°C washer windshield fluid from Shell.

Sent from my iPad using Inside EVs

SameGuy likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. SameGuy

YUL
    $15.99 plus taxes when I was there yesterday stocking up on salt (5*20 kg regular and 2*20 kg Alaskan). I stopped in at the BMW dealership nearby, $15 even for four of theirs, I think it’s methanol-based.