Has anyone found this issue with Waze?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by coutinpe, Dec 26, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. coutinpe

coutinpe Active Member

I tried switching to Waze from Apple/Google maps on Carplay. Several times the app failed to find the car's position at startup, like it's not getting GPS signal, even after several minutes. After the third time I just gave up and returned to Apple Maps. Has anybody else seen this? I remember using Waze a few years ago when I first got the car, but this didn't happen yet. Just want to find out if someone else has had this problem so I can rule out a problem with my phone.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

To simply the diagnostic process, does Waze work when you try it on your iPhone without using CarPlay?

4. coutinpe

coutinpe Active Member

Thanks @insightman. Yes it does. Also, I am using it with a wireless Carplay2Auto device. Maybe I should test with the phone connected directly.

insightman likes this.
  5. leehinde

leehinde Active Member

I've had that problem. Rebooting Waze fixed it.

6. Kestrel

Kestrel Member

+1 to this!

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. coutinpe

coutinpe Active Member

Thanks. How do you do that in CarPlay?

9. coutinpe

coutinpe Active Member

Tried with direct USB connection, same thing. Not happening in the phone alone. Curiously, it never happens when I first use it (i.e. leaving home) but when using it again. Definitely a CarPlay issue. I looks the Honda Clarity programmers did the CarPlay thing more clumsily than the Android Auto counterpart, like leaving out the displaying of directions on the driver info screen. Sad.

10. leehinde

leehinde Active Member

You do it on the phone. Sipe up from the bottom of the phone and then swipe up on the app you want to restart.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

11. PriusGeek

PriusGeek Member

Yeah, happens to me quite frequently. I usually disconnect / reconnect the phone when it happens. I like Waze, but the app absolutely has bugs. Also, probably not much of a future for it - I understand Google is combining the G-Maps and Waze teams in a cost-cutting move. If I had to guess, I would imagine some of the Waze features migrate to G-maps and Waze slowly disappears...

12. To remove this ad click here.