Kona EV trivial revelations

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by electriceddy, Dec 15, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Thought I would bring these useless but yet intriguing facts on Kona EV behavior.

When leaving vehicle/locking doors...
    The "park" indicator light will only shut off instantly when locking doors with the key fob, if you use the door button, it will not de-energize this indicator instantly.

When heat button is activated while charging...
    The GOM range increases when reducing the "fan speed", also decreases when increasing fan speed. I didn't check the energy consumption values for any associated changes while doing this, but I would have assumed only changing the temperature setting would have done this.
    Feel free to contribute any more "bolts from the blue" observations:D

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. If the charging flap is opened while the yellow light in the middle of the Hyundai emblem is lit you can see the charging port surround also will light up yellow at this time. I had my Kona 3½ years before I noticed this:oops:

electriceddy likes this.
  4. Had some fun taping it off at Halloween a couple years ago:)
    [​IMG]

5. hobbit

hobbit Well-Known Member

It's possible to run the defrost-only air path passively or only with low fan, by moving to that setting and then
    quickly toggling the A/C *and* heat which both come on automatically to assist what they assume is a
    massive de-fogging job. The system can also be turned off, and the flaps will stay set in that defrost
    position. What will keep resetting itself is the "recirc", preferring to let in fresh air [even with the system
    off] instead especially if it senses high humidity. I've found that "passive defrost" is a nice way to run in
    the winter without cabin heat, as it keeps a little air moving through the cabin but not in a chilling in-yer-face
    kind of way. It also best deals with the common winter problem of breath condensing on the windshield.

The only way to completely stop airflow is to move to face-only, close the dash vents, and set "recirc". Then
    the humidity auto-sense will leave you alone and keep the fresh-air flap closed. Since I run with windows
    open in most warmer weather, that's how I usually have it. The system irritatingly tries to be smarter than
    the user, so it takes a bit of experimentation to learn this.

I was going to make a separate post about this, but this seems a convenient thread to drop it into.

_H*

Josh815 likes this.
  6. ansonchappell

ansonchappell New Member

Winter time, -20 to -30 C lately. HVAC notes - "Front" is great at keeping the windscreen and side windows clear. "Front + Floor" turns off the quarter vents, meaning the side windows fog up very quickly. So to keep the side windows clear, my feet are freezing. Too bad, otherwise I am really enjoying the car in the winter.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

That seems crazy to me. I wonder, does the newer Ioniq 5 retain this unfortunate limitation?