Is this kind of markup typical?

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by P&T, Dec 18, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. P&T

P&T New Member

We just got two Niro EVs in at our local dealership. The pricing seems a bit high… IMG_2016.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. P&T

P&T New Member

$46,490 is the MSRP

Robert Bratton likes this.
  4. StuartE

StuartE New Member

Wow, that's pretty expensive for wheel locks and a roadside kit!

5. P&T

P&T New Member

Yeah, there’s about $5000ish of mystery mark up I can’t quite place (beyond the completely blatant $10,500 mark up).

You can literally buy an AWD Kia EV6 for this (Kia of Memphis sells pre-orders for MSRP, which suddenly looks like an awesome deal).

6. Nitrogen tire service is silly. 80% of the air we breathe is already about 80 % nitrogen.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. jeff_h

jeff_h Member

No that seems way high, but if they figure they can get it I guess they're gonna do it.

At the Maryland dealer where I bought my 2019 Niro they currently have about $3k "Market Value Adjustment" for the EV6 but actually have a little bit knocked off of MSRP for the Niro EVs.

https://www.kingautokia.com/searchnew.aspx?FuelType=Electric%20Fuel%20System,Gas%2FElectric%20Hybrid,Plug-In%20Electric%2FGas

So come and make a road trip out of it and buy one here and just drive it home - I did that a few times and it made for fun road trips.

9. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Where is this dealer and how much do they charge for an EV6?

10. P&T

P&T New Member

This is our local dealer in northwest Arkansas (home of Walmart, since that’s about all we’re known for). They only have two Niro EVs in, no EV6s (at least on this lot).

We have a small bubble of EV charging infrastructure here, so we have lots of Teslas, ID.4s, and Mach-Es but not much else. I’m happy to see other EVs coming in, but the sticker price perplexes me.

11. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

It is a matter of supply and demand. Because the EV6 is in greater demand than the Niro EV, I'd guess your usurious dealer would mark it up even more.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

That's way over priced for a Niro EV. In the Seattle area, they are going for up two to three thousand over MSRP. They want more over MSRP for the Wave then the Wind.

If you are not in a hurry, you will be able to get one for a couple of thousand under MSRP pretty soon in the Seattle area.

14. snowy2020

snowy2020 Member

That's the price for both of them...right?

15. ENirogus

ENirogus Active Member

Name and shame

Offer them MSRP and stand point and laugh if they refuse.

I will never

ever

do business with a dealer that tries to to that

16. Shocking outcome to any of us that have had the joyous experience of visiting a Hyundai/KIA dealership in the most recent years.

It's proof that time travel is real.
    It's still 1985 in KIA land.