Heated Nappa leather steering wheel?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by ssmini, Dec 14, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. ssmini

ssmini New Member

Hi all. New member. Took delivery Nov 15th, 2022. Car was ordered June 19, 2022. Configured and ordered on Mini's website.

I have Iconic Trim 2.0 package with option 2XD - Nappa leather steering wheel.

Did I forget to select heated steering wheel or is heated wheel not an option with Nappa Leather? My car does not have a heated wheel.

Normally I can care less about a heated wheel. Except that this steering wheel, while being very smooth, is hard and cold as a rock on a cold mornings. Compared to my 21 year old 540i's wheel which has nice squidgy leather that warms up quickly from just the heat from my hands.

Anyone else has heated Nappa wheel on 2022 or newer SE?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2022
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

The heated steering wheel was standard on all SEs for a bit, but with parts shortages it's been hit or miss. Pretty sure it's the same wheel regardless, and I find the new one to be softer than our previous MINIs.

The heated part is very nice. I've just been running the seat warmer and steering wheel and leaving the HVAC off most mornings.

4. endquote

endquote Active Member

My 22 iconic somehow made it through without any feature deletions due to supply chain. The heated wheel is a nice bonus feature. If you ordered it but didn’t get it, there should have been a credit on your bill somewhere.

5. EricJ

EricJ New Member

I paid the $250 for a heated wheel for Signature Plus Se ordered June 2022. Good news: got the heated wheel when the car showed up in October. Bad news: No credit against my $250, though it did seem to be standard equipment in some of the things that showed up on the web site.