Anyone know how to enable Anti-Dazzle and VLD headlights on a 2023 Mini?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Norman Levi, Dec 8, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. I enabled them on my 2021 BMW 530e with great success using Bimmercode. The language in the coding is different for the Mini. I know this feature is disabled for US deliveries.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. jwzimm

jwzimm Active Member

From my research the headlights are different part numbers than the euro models and lack the hardware needed to make this functional. :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

4. I do know that this function is deprogramed for US deliveries. The headlights on my 2023 Mini SE have a foglight switch button which adjusts the headlight pattern to be wider and lower.

5. pictsidhe

pictsidhe Well-Known Member

You need to fit different lights.
    The matrix lights were only very recently approved for the US, a few months back. Next year's model may see them. Bend over, and pay for new headlights if you must have them, then program.
    Euro lights have a not-quite-legal pattern for the US.

6. Qisl

Qisl Active Member

A month ago, when mini USA dropped some fluff features for the iconic, I sent some mail to them saying that adding the matrix headlights to usa-bound mini's would be a non-fluff addition.

Does anyone know the part numbers required to add these headlights to a US MINI?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. pictsidhe

pictsidhe Well-Known Member

The US has a US only headlight pattern. Until mini start selling matrix headlight minis in the US, there will be no 100% correct lights.

9. Qisl

Qisl Active Member

But I saw a review of the Level 3 SE in the UK, and it came with matrix headlights. I'd be interested in pursuing the addition of matrix headlights... when my shivering SE is finally shipped from Southampton. (Weather in Southampton is below 0C at night for the next few days.) Poor little Misty...

10. jwzimm

jwzimm Active Member

You will need to work out exactly which part number headlight assemblies to source. www.realoem.com is normally pretty good about cross referencing BMW/Mini part numbers but it looks like their data only go up to the end of 2019.

According to Seattle Mini's website the US model headlights for the 2022+ are P/N's 63115A21CA6 & 63115A21CA5. They are priced at around $1300 each. I would expect that the euro model headlights, if you can work out exactly which P/N's are correct to order and retrofit, would cost even more. They likely also would need to be shipped from Germany or the UK assuming the supply chain shortage issues have not impacted their availability.

By all means try though. Report back if you are able to make it happen.

insightman likes this.
  11. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    Don’t spend the $2600+ on the UK version only to realize the the RHD projection pattern of the dipped beams can’t be reprogrammed for LHD!

MichaelC and insightman like this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. jwzimm

jwzimm Active Member