Chargepoint site fail

Discussion in 'General' started by hobbit, Dec 7, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. hobbit

hobbit Well-Known Member

I've been a Chargepoint customer for a while now, and for the last month or so have been utterly unable to
    log into their website [ https://sso.chargepoint.com ]. I'm still trying to debug whether it's a browser issue
    or a site behavior issue; when a login form submission comes back with "500 internal server error" that
    kind of points to their side. Their support is clueless, and refuses to put me directly in touch with their
    site coders [probably some offshore boiler-room outfit]. Their "app" is not an option, I need the site to
    work as it's supposed to.

Can some other Chargepoint customer try logging themselves in at the website and see if it works, and
    tell me what browser and surrounding environment you're running? Preferably from a desktop/laptop?
    Thanks...

_H*

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

This worked on iPhone Safari:

https://www.chargepoint.com/

Your ULR let me sign-on. I had forgotten about their web site. So I updated my EV and looked over their map.

Bob Wilson

Last edited: Dec 7, 2022
  4. I also logged in using your URL, old PC 2008 desktop c/w windows 10.

5. hobbit

hobbit Well-Known Member

Well, this is super-weird... I went back to my older browser setup, which is a little more locked-down
    than what I'd been trying in a desperate attempt to be as "stock" as possible... and suddenly, I was in!
    Maybe one of the janky third-party components they call out to finally decided I wasn't an attack bot
    after all. Under the covers, that website is a total horror show.

I still want their escalation-path web techs to get me the *exact* error reason that was happening
    on their end. It's infuriating how companies like this keep their people with any real clue
    insulated away from the public, even when a technical situation really demands direct interaction
    without first-tier go-betweens getting in the way. Their senior people failed to get back to me
    for far too long, and I think I finally drove it home that they screwed up. I hope to get the real
    story tomorrow.

FTR, their callcenter is in Mexico City, not the US. Argh. At least they claim software dev is out of
    the California office. They still have a few things to learn.

_H*

bwilson4web likes this.