2 things about the SE that confuse me...

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by David Comstock, Dec 3, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. 1. If I'm using the navigation and am on another screen (say Carplay) and I want to switch back to the navigation screen to look at my directions, I have to hit the Map button. Naturally, I think to hit the Nav button since I want to go back to Navigation, but doing that just allows me to input a new address... is it me or does anyone else find this counterintuitive?

2. Why as the driver can I not get out of the car and keep it running? Not sure why the car turns off?

thanks!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Qisl

Qisl Active Member

GvilleGuy and F14Scott like this.
  4. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

What does "running" mean for the SE? The electric motor starts up instantaneously, and there's no such thing as idling. Only reason to leave it "running" is to keep environmentals and entertainment going for more than 15 minutes for a waiting passenger, which can be accomplished by leaving the key in the vehicle and pushing the on button.

But yes, @F14Scott's Tikit is handy, I got them myself (mostly to disable seat belt warning from my dogs).

pictsidhe and insightman like this.
  5. Quiet Mini

Quiet Mini Well-Known Member

How long are you leaving your passengers? Just hit the comfort climate button.

pictsidhe likes this.
  6. F14Scott

F14Scott Well-Known Member

The "comfort climate" is not the same as having full, manual control of the HVAC. I find it too weak during extreme temperatures. And, it's also nice to leave the radio on.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

Yep - I used that bottle opener to keep my CarPlay connected if I need to get out briefly for any reason. Usually I've started the SE and have everything connected and then forget something in the house. Just saves me the hassle of waiting for it to reconnect.

F14Scott likes this.