Wipers and Bug Wash

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by M Galford, Nov 22, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. M Galford

M Galford New Member

Greetings Fellow Clarions

Despite changing the wipers for new ones at the dealer during an A19 service, they still make horrible scraping noises. Any ideas to remedy this grating situation would be greatly appreciated.

Also, the bug washer (windshield washer) is just awful. It never cleans off one pass and before you know the low fluid reservoir warning illuminates. Any ideas to improve the wash?

Kind Regards to Everyone!!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Perhaps this "Windshield wiper Chatter" thread might offer some suggestions.

The "Has anyone found a fix for the horrendous wiper sprayer design?" thread will confirm no one has found a solution for this unsatisfactory design.

No one is happy with the ridiculously small washer fluid reservoir. The amount it holds would cause a low-fluid warning in any other car.

4. E10

E10 New Member

Wait, you have a low washer fluid reservoir warning light?? I don’t in my 2018 Touring.

5. Canadian models have the warning light.

6. To remove this ad click here.

7. Lower your expectations. Give them 3-4 passes, or more, before expecting a semi-clean windshield. The removal of some bug splotches requires a fair amount of elbow grease.

8. I use silicone inserts. I generally get them off of ebay and they work fine (for a time).

9. Annwn

Annwn Member

I've heard it recommended that wiper performance is better with ceramic - barring that, Rain-X.