Difficult to access heated seats

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 5' started by BobS, Nov 18, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. BobS

BobS Active Member

On most cars you can push one button to turn on the heated seats. In the ionic 5 you first have to touch the climate control then the front warmer control, then finally touch the heated seat control. It would be convenient if there was a way to set up a shortcut to take you directly to the heated seats.

Same goes for the heated steering wheel.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. P&T

P&T New Member

I’m one of the rare souls that purchased a plain RWD SE, but the SE does have a haptic “button” labeled “warmer” on the HVAC controls that I can use to get directly to seat heaters.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

4. MJ53

MJ53 New Member

New software update enables voice command to control heated seats and steering wheel.

5. BobS

BobS Active Member

Is the new software available ?

6. BobS

BobS Active Member

Just tried it and you can do it thru voice commands.

1stEV likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. MJ53

MJ53 New Member

Apparently it was out at the end of Oct but retracted on Nov 2nd for some unknown reason. Waiting for it to be rereleased again.

9. BobS

BobS Active Member

It works unless I have my phone with me then it connects to Siri, and she says I can't do that. How do I connect to the car voice command when I have my phone with me?

10. MJ53

MJ53 New Member

I haven’t tried it myself yet but I believe if you just use a short button push instead of the long one to connect to Siri, that should work.

1stEV and BobS like this.
  11. BobS

BobS Active Member

Hooray!! That's it, a short press gets voice commands for the car a long press gets you to Siri.

Thank you

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Totally convenient but I guess Hyundai wants the ability to upcharge you for a GV60 to get that common sense functionality of an actual button for heated/cooled seating and heated steering. :(

[​IMG]

14. David McMaster

David McMaster New Member

This would matter less if the heated wheel/seats remembered their status when the car was shut off and back on. I don't really know if it does. Does it?

15. MJ53

MJ53 New Member

Nope. Unfortunately it is default set to level 3 each time you initially turn it on. If you use voice commands you have to say “ turn on seat warmer” first and a separate command to say “ seat warmer level 1 ( or 2)”. Same thing with the passenger seat.
    I would like to think this could be fixed with a software update in the future if enough people brought it to their attention.

1stEV likes this.