Finally took delivery of our 2023 Mini Cooper SE Iconic

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Jkoya, Nov 18, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Jkoya

Jkoya Member

Picked up our 2023 Mini Cooper SE Iconic earlier today. Dealer had 7 or 8 SEs on the showroom floor - all of them sold and belonging to customers who ordered their car a few months ago.

Had a 93 mile drive home ranging in speeds from stop and go traffic to 65+ mph and some small hills. Display showed 4.5 miles/kWh and made it home with 3 bars remaining. I was pleasantly surprised !!

One pic is one of many I took with the car on the showroom floor and the other is safely home in the garage, plugged in with charging to start after 12 AM.

Mini SE 1.jpg Mini SE 2.jpg

Nelly H, Aquavir, h-dogg and 15 others like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. looks great! Love the power wheels and color! :cool:

amtrucker22 and Jkoya like this.
  4. amtrucker22

amtrucker22 New Member

I just picked up the same color and spec SE. I love it so far (~500 miles). The only thing missing on mine was heated steering wheel and alarm because of the chip shortage. I want to look at bimmer code to have my side mirrors fold everytime I lock the car like you have in your picture.

Enjoy your mini!

Rogwp and Jkoya like this.
  5. CoachCookie

CoachCookie Active Member

Excellent, enjoy!

Jkoya likes this.
  6. pictsidhe

pictsidhe Well-Known Member

Uh-oh. In a week, you'll be fighting with your wife over who gets to drive it.

If you drive sedately, 140+mile range is not hard.

Jkoya likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. polyphonic

polyphonic Well-Known Member

Congrats! I'd love to hear your thoughts on owning both an SE and a Taycan. I've driven them on a few occasions and am still tempted, but watching how the sedan market unfolds.

Jkoya likes this.
  9. Jkoya

Jkoya Member

We have the Taycan Cross Turismo and even though it handles nicely, you definitely feel the weight of the car. My first Impression of the SE is the backup camera is far superior to the backup camera of the Taycan, but the Taycan user interface is more intuitive - maybe because I'm used to the Taycan now. I'll have a better comparison for you in a few weeks if you are still interested. The method for setting up delayed charging is also very similar between the SE and Taycan. Overall though, I think both cars are amazing !!

TsylviaNH, polyphonic and SameGuy like this.
  10. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

So let me get this straight. If you picked up a MINI from a NorCal dealer that is about 100 miles away from each other, that would be probably the difference between MINI of Concord and Niello MINI.

If it is indeed MINI of Concord with 7-8 SEs on the showroom floor (all sold) then the MINIUSA website "in transit" and "at dealership" are already sold??

11. Jkoya

Jkoya Member

Niello Mini is the Mini dealer closest to me, but I actually ordered from Mini of Marin in Corte Madera, CA - just on the other side of the Golden Gate Bridge from the Presidio of San Francisco.

All of the Mini Cooper SEs on the showroom floor (I think 3 white, 3 green and a red..but not positive, so don't know the actual number) were all Iconic trims, all were sold and all arrived on the Atlas Leader. If you check Mini of Marin's website, none of these SEs showed up as In-Transit cars to my knowledge - I know ours did not show up as In-Transit.

The attached pic has 5 of the SEs (one white one is hidden, but you can see the white roof peeking out from behind the black roof of our car). I think there were 2 more behind the sign in front of the red one). I also saw 3 different brands of tires - Hankook, Goodyear and Pirelli.

Mini 3.jpg

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. teslarati97

Nice. I only ask that because the inventory nationwide appears to be accumulating (without really diving into the dealership data). Perhaps the ADM is part of the culprit because MINI of Marin generally has ZERO Cooper SEs for sale (no inventory).

14. Jkoya

Jkoya Member

On a side note, our MA told us they were informed by Mini a few weeks ago there would be no more Harmon Kardon audio system due to lack of parts...

15. teslarati97

That sucks. I don't have HK on my Level 3 22' Electric Collection due to chip shortage. Would have been nice for HK, but my money will be going towards the MINI V2L adapter.

16. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    When is that coming?

Jkoya likes this.
  17. Qisl

Qisl Active Member

I don't like the sound of that. My SE was built less than two weeks ago. :(

18. teslarati97

V2L? It's always been available on the MINI via the 12V adapter. I'm just waiting for one that has a built in inverter that is relatively affordable so I can use my microwave or airfryer. Looking forward to the release of the River 2 Pro!
    efr2.JPG

19. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    Oh. I thought you meant a real V2L from MINI that could run my fridge through a weeklong power failure.

20. Qisl

Qisl Active Member

I had a delta pro fail on me recently after only ten months of use. It is unpleasant to wake up to the smell of burning plastic. But it could have been worse.

It has made me think twice about adding batteries to my house and storing them inside the structure...

21. teslarati97

Yeah that sucks about the first gen Deltas. I held off on that because it was still NCM but the second gen is LFP.

As for home battery storage, there are certainly a lot of options! I have solar + 16kWh storage but it's derated to 5kW continuous instead of 7kW.

22. Jkoya

Jkoya Member

Mini of Marin had a Jackery and another brand (can't remember, but it was lime green and black) on a long worktable for customers to use. They had regular outlets available too.

23. Jkoya

Jkoya Member

If you have your VIN, you can run it through one of the vin decoders to see what you're getting with the car. Hopefully, your car was allocated a Harmon Kardon system before the shortage.

Both listed the HK system as: 674 Hifi Loudspeaker System Harmon Kardon