Interior care tips & advise

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by 1stRegeeEV, Oct 27, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. 1stRegeeEV

1stRegeeEV New Member

How do you keep your Mini's interior temperature down in HOT climates if a garage isn't available?

Does the interior hold up well?
    I'm really hoping it does because I live in a year -round hot environment.
    Asking for any advice and tips to help...
    Thanks!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    If you have the sunroof, get the cheap Chinese shades from Amazon. They make an incredible difference. Get a screen for the windshield as well, it doesn’t have to be a good one although I prefer the semi rigid, folding Covercraft screen. You can also seek out screens for the other five windows, depending on how long the car is in the sun and the orientation where it’s parked. Finally, consider spending a big load of cash on a high-quality ceramic tint like Xpel Prime XR Plus for all windows, the windshield, and the two roof panels.

1stRegeeEV likes this.
  4. 1stRegeeEV

1stRegeeEV New Member

Yes, I have the sunroof.
    I hate to ask but do you have a link for these products? Amazon can be questionable at times especially when I just randomly pick something

SameGuy likes this.
  5. SameGuy

YUL
    MINI sunroof shade set

For the tint, you’ll have to find a reputable local installer. Check your local car club forums or Fb pages [shudder] for recommendations.

If you decide on the Covercraft windshield shade, it’s best to order directly from them, and choose the third option if you have Active Cruise Control. Sign up for the email, newsletters, they regularly send out discount codes.

1stRegeeEV likes this.
  6. JonR

JonR Well-Known Member

polyphonic and SameGuy like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Alf_W

Alf_W Active Member

I second the tint option. Get a good tint with strong IR blockage. It lowers the interior temp significantly. As a reference point, my cost for 3M ceramic tint for the side and hatchback windows (no windshield or sunroof tint) was about $500 in the SF Bay area. And well worth it.

1stRegeeEV and SameGuy like this.
  9. SameGuy

YUL
    This is what I use in my Crapolla and it’s terrific. Great advice!

10. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

I installed on front of my garage shade 10’x20 which is on mechanical manual crank I can roll any time I need to cover my car when I’m working in garage on different car. A5564C81-B573-4028-91B3-2993A16ED82D.jpeg

1stRegeeEV likes this.
  11. 1stRegeeEV

1stRegeeEV New Member

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. 1stRegeeEV

1stRegeeEV New Member

That's nice
    My main issue is when I go to work, there's no covered parking, FULL sun ALL day...

SameGuy likes this.
  14. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

Get a solar fan from Amazon 8730B472-F387-4342-97AC-73D40D1C461E.jpeg

1stRegeeEV likes this.
  15. 1stRegeeEV

1stRegeeEV New Member

Oh, really!?!? I thought these were a big gimmick...
    Does it damage the window insulation piece or window itself any?
    Can rain get inside?
    ... Thanks

16. SameGuy

YUL
    For the sunroof, they fit between the closed glass panels and the retractable shades. Open the car’s shades, place the removable ones in the frame, then carefully close the car’s shades (if you want; I closed mine because I left the removable ones in the entire month of August).

1stRegeeEV likes this.
  17. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

I have the same situation and I leave the moonroof fully open and the side windows open about 30%. It can still get warm, but there's always the ability to activate climatization shortly before departure. But I'm at about 45º latitude, so even though our summers get hot the sun isn't as strong as more southern locales.

SameGuy and 1stRegeeEV like this.
  18. 1stRegeeEV

1stRegeeEV New Member

Right, I think you are referring to the item you posted earlier....what I thought was a gimmick is the FAN the other person recommended...
    I'm not knocking either one. I'd just LOVE to buy something that REALLY WORKS...

SameGuy likes this.
  19. SameGuy

YUL
    Ah, sorry! I skimmed and didn’t see the quoted post. ;)

1stRegeeEV likes this.
  20. SameGuy

YUL
    I’m always afraid somebody’s going to gob in my car. Lol.

21. 1stRegeeEV

1stRegeeEV New Member

Lol, there's TOO MANY BIRDS for me to leave it open...

revorg and Rogwp like this.
  22. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

How about some weathertech side window deflectors? That could allow you to leave the windows open a bit.

23. BackPack

BackPack Member

The best way to keep the heat down and protect the interior is have ceramic window tint installed on every window including the windshield and moonroof if you have one. I did 70% tint on the windshield and 40% everywhere else. No moonroof on mine because I don’t like them and never use them.