So who else is about to jump into an i4?

Discussion in 'i4' started by Tifosi, May 26, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. MzTeaze

MzTeaze New Member

My newly built i4 is complete and waiting for it's cruise ship. I'm definitely looking forward to this.

Benjamin Plackemeier likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Tony S

Tony S Active Member

Congrats! Picture when you get it.

4. KiwiRob

KiwiRob Member

I'm looking at replacing my trusty A6 Avant with an 14 40. I had an M50 on loan yesterday, wow it fast, I loved it, but I really don't need them much pace, I would rather have the extra range.

upload_2022-11-4_19-58-13.png

5. Tifosi

Tifosi Active Member

yea, had the economy not gone to crap and the tax incentives dried up, I would have one!

6. polyphonic

polyphonic Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried the EQE or EQS?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. KiwiRob

KiwiRob Member

I have a build slot for an i4 reserved but I talked myself out of it this morning. It would be replacing a 2018 Audi A6 Avant, I love the Audi it’s the best car we have ever owned. Driving the i4 is fun but every time I get back into the A6 it just feels like home. So I’ll probably wait until the A6 Etron Avant arrives in 2024.

Tifosi likes this.
  9. Roscoetuff

Roscoetuff New Member

So I committed to build I4 Edrive 40 with choice colors and many options, but focused on keeping the 18-inch wheels for RANGE. Trips down to Charlotte, NC to visit family...yep, range is nice and faster charging speed makes a REAL difference. All in, the car is estimated to shave 1 hour off my VW ID4's ability to make that trip. That's huge. Wait's supposed to be in the 5 to 6 month range. We'll see. Thought about this move A LOT, but given I'm not an EV or ICE car journalist, I'm content to say to myself, "Nobody cares." Duh.

Domenick likes this.
  10. Tifosi

Tifosi Active Member

Congrats!

11. Hey there everyone, just joined this forum. Just purchased an Edrive 40 with the Premium Package. Absolutely love it! Ill try to post some pictures when I have a chance.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Welcome! Now for the 3rd degree:

Did you build your i4 or buy one off the lot?
    If built, how long did it take between order and delivery?
    Did you get the 18" wheels for best range (or are they not an option with the Premium Package)?
    For you, what were the most important features of the Premium Package?
    What vehicle does your i4 replace? Will it be a commuter vehicle?
    Finally, what's your opinion of your BMW's grille?
    Looking forward to your photos

14. I wasn't supposed to get mine until August of this year but BMW managed to deliver it right before thanksgiving.

15. insightman

Do you live in a country where thanksgiving happens in April?

16. Very funny. Of 2022

17. insightman

OK, sorry. When you wrote "Just purchased," I believed it happened more recently.

Now I want even more info in addition to my previous list: Have you taken any long trips in your i4?

18. Chrissy

Chrissy New Member

What make of car is an I4 Edrive 40?

19. IMG_8032.jpeg

Attached Files:

insightman likes this.
  20. As requested photos of my i4 and Build sheet.
    Going to your question I built mine. Some of the options I played with. I didnt find doing the M package on the Edrive was that necessary being that it didnt change the horsepower the car already had. On this trim level (The EDrive 40)it was mere badging and M sport suspension and better looking wheels. BMW wouldn't substitute the wheels, but can maybe at a later time get the M sport wheels to put on.
    As for the wheels, I did the 19s at no added cost, I do sacrifice about 20 miles of range (so they say) which I make up for in regen braking.
    What made me go toward the premium package is that as high as the trim level goes without getting into the M package.
    The thing with the premium package was there was some feature I wanted but couldn't have unless I did the premium package. I forgot what I was playing around with on the build. The Heated seats and steering is nice to have and the Iconic sounds is pretty cool especially in Sport Mode.
    The vehicle this car replaced (Please dont hate on me when I say this because it was also a nice car to have, but the maintenance cost was a killer) was a 2011 E90 Diesel and anyone who's ever owned one of these understands how problematic the emission control systems are. My last couple of Check Engine light fixes totaled in over $10,000. Yes, I know, I could tune and delete the crap out of it and have a reliable trouble free car. I was in a position where I was over it and needed something that wasn't going to be down for long periods of time and would stay fixed for more than 4 months out of the year. The I4 was my car of choice it will also be my commuter car. Ive set my portable charger at work on a 220 volt and let it charge thru out the workday when needed.
    As for the grill on the car....Its better looking than a Nissan Jukes and better looking than Teslas.

insightman likes this.
  22. I wrestled with this on my build. M40 and the M50. One thing I had to consider is if anyone does the M upgrade on the 40 there is no change in HP rating, you just get suspension and badging and style for the price. I am not saying its wrong if anyone does go that route, I did like the M styling myself. On the M50 you get an extra 100 HP and AWD along the above badging and suspension. To me personally why upgrade the suspension if the is no added HP? In addition, with the added HP and AWD you sacrifice 30 miles of range and even more with the wheel and tire combination. The route I went was the Edrive 40 with the Premium Package and some other add ons. Dont get me wrong the 40 still packs a good punch as well. The main trade off is "Economy vs. HP". So thats what I wrestled with.

23. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

Generally the RWD versions (without going into full ///M) are more enjoyable to drive compared to xDrive. I don't care about top end speed with 6 months of winter and endless potholes.