Battery story time

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Jolee, Oct 15, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Jolee

Jolee Member

2022 Kona EV ultima---(daughter's but I do not understand). Battery went around July. Dealer diagnosed but had no batteries at the time. Dealer kept car from August through October waiting for a new battery. Finally they got the car back with battery replaced last week.
    They tell me the battery only has a 1 year warranty now. How is this possible??
    I thought the '22 Kona Ev batteries had a ten year warranty.
    My '19 Kona Ev had a life time battery warranty.
    Please forgive rambling I use age as an excuse:)
    Appreciate any thoughts as I can't believe replacing the battery on a 2022 Ev Ultima which originally had a ten year warranty now only has a one year warranty???

electriceddy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Assuming the car (and battery) was under warranty at the time of battery replacement it continues to have the same warranty terms in place.

When a car repaired out of warranty the replaced parts typically have a minimal warranty. Clarify this with importer perhaps?

electriceddy and Ginginova like this.
  4. rpark

rpark Member

I think it would be best to sell or trade car before the year is done. The cost of another battery replacement would cost thousands.

5. Ginginova

Ginginova Active Member

Original warranty should be in place if replacement was done under that original warranty.

electriceddy likes this.
  6. This is bad advice, KiwiMe is correct in stating that the original battery warranty continues to apply. The dealer was incorrectly interpreting/representing the 1 year replacement part warranty. There is an important detail in the replacement part warranty that he obviously did not read. "Genuine Hyundai replacement Parts replaced under the terms of the HYUNDAI New Vehicle Warranty, including powertrain, emission, etc., will be warranted for the remainder of the warranty period applicable to the replaced part".

If OP is worried he should contact Hyundai corporate customer service and get the reassurance strait from their mouth.

OzKona, electriceddy and Ginginova like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Pobre

Pobre Member

possibly a typographical error. must have omitted a zero after the 1. should read 10 year instead of 1

9. They(the car dealer) is wrong, the warranty is purchased with the car-new, and is 10 years as stated above (or mileage rated). Nothing has changed that timeframe including warranty component replacement.