Regardless of what anyone says...

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Dreamgt, Jun 7, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Lucien Mcleod

Lucien Mcleod Member

YASSSSSSS☝

Attached Files:

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. 714hello

714hello Member

You don't appreciate the design of this car until you wash it. Yes, washing it. It's when you get close and personal to your car. When I run the wash mitt thru all the edges and lines, especially the front, I begin to see all the intricate design elements of this car.

VTSAX likes this.
  4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

It's the most difficult car to wash I've ever owned. First, it's the largest car I've ever owned (much, much larger than my tiny 2006 Insight). I'm 5'9" and need a stool to properly wash and dry the roof. Second, the nooks and crannies in the front fascia take forever to wash and dry. Third, our Clarity is the very dark Moonlit Forest Pearl green, which shows every speck and streak you might miss.

It's gonna take a long time to wax this large, newfangled sled, but I'll enjoy every minute. I didn't like the look of the Clarity Fuel Cell car when it was released to California two years ago, but the shape has really grown on me the more I live with it.

Now if only Honda would cough up some Moonlit Forest Pearl touch-up paint to fix a scratch I put in the drivers door! Backordered, always backordered.

PeteWagner and GTO 409 like this.
  5. ab13

ab13 Active Member

Saw two today. The front with the DRLs on is like nothing else out there. Really unique looking.

VTSAX likes this.
  6. M.M.

M.M. Active Member

All of me wishes it was a hatchback--I got really addicted to the practicality of that with the Volt, and it's already got the trunk-window thing so it would have been minor to go full hatchback. At least the seats fold flat, which is better than nothing.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Kailani

Kailani Member

On an extended road trip, the third night I’d owned my Clarity, I pulled into a gas station and was about to Fill up with my 6 gallons of gas when I heard from behind the next row’s gas pump a loud “Whoa bro! That is one bad *** car—hey, M-, come check out this guy’s ride! Love those lights.” The two twentysomething Latinos then peppered me with questions about the car. It was the second time I’d had someone give a shoutout about the car—never experienced that before with any previous car I’ve owned. I agree with t the two admirers at the gas station—the front end, with its LED headlights on, looks sharp!

9. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

I received the Crimson Pearl touch up paint quickly from a dealer with an on-line parts store, Majestic Honda. They offer all parts and accessories at a good discount and have exploded diagrams for parts to make ordering easier. I order all my Honda parts and accessories from them. Over the the years my family has owned at one time or another 7 different Honda models so they’ve benefitted from many of my dollars! Try them for the Forest Pearl paint?

https://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/oem-parts/honda-paint-bg66p-forest-green-pearl-08703bg66paha1?c=Zz1hY2Nlc3NvcnktY29tcG9uZW50cyZzPXRvdWNoLXVwLXBhaW50JmE9aG9uZGEmbz1jbGFyaXR5LXBsdWdpbi1zZWRhbiZ5PTIwMTgmdD10cm5nLWNsYXJpdHktcGhldiZlPXZhcmlhYmxl

GTO 409 likes this.
  10. JimW

JimW Active Member

The first time I visited France, back in 1989, I saw the Citroen XM and thought it was the coolest car I had ever seen. Now I realize why I like the Clarity styling.
    citroen-xm.jpg

11. insightman

Yes, but unlike Moonlit Forest Pearl, Crimson Pearl isn't a unique color not found on any Honda other than the Clarity PHEV. The pipeline for Crimson Pearl paint opened up long ago while the few bottles of Moonlit Forest Pearl paint are lost somewhere on a slow boat in the Pacific Ocean.

Sandroad likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Dreamgt

Dreamgt New Member

Citroen's make awesome, weird looking cars. I definitely agree that it's similarly quirky. I really want someone to lower their clarity to see how it looks, anyone up for the challenge? :D

chris5168 likes this.
  14. prestoOne

prestoOne Member

How the look will stand up it is hard to say. Remember when the Prowler was a hot looking car?
    Lets see if anyone else follows and puts on the whatchamacallits over the wheels.
    As for today, yep, looks good to me.

15. Gearhead

Gearhead Member

I'm a computer science professor and I can tell you students think it's great. This generation is interested in things like efficiency (especially carbon output), connectivity, safety and autonomy. The styling seems to say the right things to them because they all say stuff like 'looks so futuristic'. This reaction surprised me because I thought they'd see it as geeky like my fashion choices. The days of lusting after a Corvette or Porsche may be fading.

16. Dreamgt

Dreamgt New Member

I agree, but I look at pictures like this one and still think the styling is amazing, even for today's standards.
    I don't doubt that images of cars like this popped up into the designers head when they were sketching out the initial lines for this car.
    [​IMG]

17. insightman

I'll see your Firebird IV concept and raise you:

[​IMG]

Note the Clarity's hockey-stick DRLs beginning to take shape.

18. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

I fold.

KentuckyKen likes this.
  19. bfd

bfd Active Member

Johnhaydev likes this.
  20. Ken7

Ken7 Active Member

Yikes! It does look like that could have been the design philosophy. That’s really funny.

21. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

I thought I saw my first Clarity and was so excited, I turned around and followed it, but alas it was a Civic. Note the similarity. I think the rear is rather like the Civic just with the addition of the tinted lower trunk window.
    0FB6B818-DCB8-44CD-9B9D-9F5601A5F2F1.jpeg 1DF2044E-A2F5-49D8-BB2A-46012D830AFC.jpeg 08547621-4F70-4106-811B-580CDC193B5F.jpeg

And while I’m posting on the stylishness is our Claritys, let me say that it’s quite superior to the Prius. Looking at the Clarity, it says “come fly with me”, while the Prius screams “beat me up and take my lunch money”! And I won’t even compare it the the Volt because it’s too small to be a “real” car. We’ve got a winner.

dstrauss, Ken7, Dreamgt and 1 other person like this.
  22. Ken7

Ken7 Active Member

Yup, we've been fooled by the Civic a number of times. We laugh each time saying you'd think we'd learn, but then along comes another Civic and we say "OOOO, look, a Clarity!!!".

Fool me once....... :)

23. Carro con enchufe

Carro con enchufe Active Member

I scan real quick for the rear wheel covers