Issues with Mini Connected App

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Jose Moreira, Sep 22, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Jose Moreira

Jose Moreira New Member

Hi,

Anyone with issues with the Mini Connected App?

In my case, the main App page, is not updating (SoC, Odometer,...), but if I go into the charging page, then I get the actual an correct SoC (see pictures below).

Main App screen showing wrong SoC:
    [​IMG]

Charge screen showing correct SoC:
    [​IMG]

Also, when I installed the App in another phone, I'm able to go pass the login and creation and creation of the PIN, but then the App does not show my car and asks for me to add a new car (the car is still configured to my Mini Connected account, when I check my page in the Mini Connect page on the Web).

I've already contacted the Mini Connected support, and they asked me to follow the following steps:
    - Update Mini Services on the car's infotainment system;
    - Restart the infotainment system;
    - Uninstall and install the the Mini Connected App;

The first step went without any issues, the second one failed and the third one did not solve the problem. According to Mini Connected support, the steps should be made in the sequence described above. As the it was not possible to perform the second, it could be then the case that performing the third, kept the Mini Connected App from working properly.

By the way and as for the second step. Mini Connected support referred that the restart should be performed by pressing the volume knob by something in between 30 to 60 seconds. I tried that, with the car either with just in accessory mode or in Ready mode, but it did not work.

Did anyone managed to perform such restart on a MY 2022 Cooper SE?

If so, how?

Thanks a lot for help!!!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Jose Moreira

Jose Moreira New Member

Repeating the pictures, as they did not go through with the initial post.

Main App screen showing wrong SoC:
    upload_2022-9-22_12-41-10.png

Charge screen showing correct SoC:
    upload_2022-9-22_12-41-0.png

4. AndysComputer

AndysComputer Well-Known Member

Just checked mine, it shows we are now at 100% after charging overnight so updates are working.

5. Jose Moreira

Jose Moreira New Member

Showing 100% in both the main App screen and Charge screen, correct?

In my case, the Charge screen gets updated with the correct SoC, even when not charging, but the main App screen, is "stalled " at value from around two weeks ago.

6. AndysComputer

AndysComputer Well-Known Member

Both, yes.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Jose Moreira

Jose Moreira New Member

Good news, the issue as been solved, and the App is now working as it should!!!

No actual idea of Mini solved the issue (see picture below with their last communication), but I would guess that the problem should be related with the actual Mini Connected service.

upload_2022-9-22_18-39-29.png

But as I just received the communication above, the App was already working properly.

Even so, a point worth of notice and a curious one, is that the reboot (the one that should be done by pressing the Volume Knob for 30 to 60 seconds) can work or not, depending on the car. Why, they did not explain.

polyphonic and SameGuy like this.
  9. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    That’s great, thanks for sharing! Obrigado!

10. I have never seen this charge screen, how do you get to that screen?

11. Jose Moreira

Jose Moreira New Member

You get to that screen, by hitting the SoC gauge with the car, on the App main screen.

upload_2022-9-23_12-35-29.png

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Cool, thanks heaps.