Problem with Nissan Connect Leaf 2023

Discussion in 'LEAF' started by Sorie4e, Aug 2, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

Tags:
  1. bssthnd

bssthnd New Member

I noticed that the icon on the main page on the screen went from a car with a line through it to a car with what looks like bubbles coming out of it. I tested the SOS button and talked with a nice person and told them no emergency only testing. When I got home back to my phone I started the Nissan Connect EV app and my car data is showing up and climate and lock/unlock worked. I too hope it continues

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Sorie4e

Sorie4e New Member

Maybe there is hope. I will try out the SOS button tomorrow and the website and app.

I started getting weird verbal messages today about energy consumption.

4. jiggersplat

jiggersplat New Member

Well, it seems it's generally working now, and I get charge time estimates on the website/phone app but still no charge time estimate on the dashboard.

PXL_20220911_152234700.jpg

5. Sorie4e

Sorie4e New Member

everything seems to be working except the dashboard in the app. Maybe they will get that straighten out this week.

6. Macusermdm

Macusermdm New Member

No change for me. Car still says I cannot connect to the center. When I try to run an update on the car, while connect via wifi, it says I have the latest version.

Kayle Clements likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Ryan Barkley

Ryan Barkley New Member

Mine started working this week, on 9/10. It was 2 months after I purchased it and the connect services never worked, as everyone has explained, from day 1. There was no vehicle update or phone app update that correlated with it starting to work. I am assuming that it was either a server update or their contract with AT&T finally started. Not sure, but it has been fine all week now. I wanted to give that feedback for those waiting for a fix. For the 2 months, I had called owner services a few times with escalations and the dealer opened a ticket with tech line that eventually came back with message from corporate asking for patience as they fix it from their side. not sure if those contributed to it getting resolved.

9. jiggersplat

jiggersplat New Member

Does your dash show charge time estimates?

10. Ryan Barkley

Ryan Barkley New Member

I checked this yesterday due to your reply and in the car, it is not showing anything on that dashboard, just the "---". I tried changing the mode, e.g. 3.3 kw, or 50 kw and that didn't make a difference. When I park and turn off the car, the dashboard does show an estimate on when the charging would be completed if I started it. The phone app does give me estimates for the different charging modes when I refresh there.

11. jiggersplat

jiggersplat New Member

@Ryan Barkley Yep, same as mine. App shows charge time estimates, but car does not except when you turn it off.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Macusermdm

Macusermdm New Member

The connection services started working about an hour ago. I didn't do anything. I just noticed the charge widget had data.

14. ccjmcloutier

ccjmcloutier New Member

appreciate all the info here... bought a 23 leaf on 18 aug... connect, apple carplay, phone connectivity... none of them worked. I brought the vehicle back and they voided the sale and gave a rental until they could get a replacement in. Now saying all the replacements have the same issue. tracking with the discussion here. Just frustrated by the lack of honest communication.

they actually tried to tell me the problem was that I wasn't using a genuine apple cable.

for all of you with connect issues - does it affect carplay/phone also - or was the car I bought EXTRA special?

sounds like if I want to 'accept' my leaf, I have to do so in hopes the fix is coming - and under warranty.

i really do like the car and hope this works out (for everyone)

15. Macusermdm

Macusermdm New Member

For me, the connect services started worked a few days ago. Nissan told me it would be an over the air update, and they were right. I never had to take it back to the dealership. Everything has been working great since. Also, I never had an issue with getting Android Auto to work.

16. Kayle Clements

Kayle Clements New Member

Same issue here with my new 23. CarPlay is working fine, but I get the message "Can't connect to the center". My dealer placed a call to Nissan and they said it was a bug in the software. They would contact me via email for a fix. That was over a week ago and still nothing. I too have connected to WIFI and it shows latest software version.

17. jiggersplat

jiggersplat New Member

seems like the apple car play / android auto issues is unrelated.

my feeling is that the connect services issues will get resolved eventually because at least big nissan is aware of it, even if the dealers and people on the support line are not. having said that, look at what happened with the 1st gen leafs using 3g communications; it's just dead now because there are no 3g service providers anymore. no compensation or recourse for the owners. i'm really looking at it is a bonus feature and it was not factor in the buying decision.

18. Sandi

Sandi New Member

I’ve had my 2023 Leaf for about 2 months. EVConnect worked okay in the beginning, but stopped working on December 3. Mine says to move to a better cellular area but it’s in my garage where it has always worked before. Spent time on the phone with Nissan Connect Support today for a long time and being escalated to next tier. They are supposed to be calling back within 24-48 hours. SOS button does work on mine. Anyone have any updates on this?

RadioDoc likes this.
  19. Gooserooster

Gooserooster New Member

Hi there. I've been using my app religiously fir a few months now. It stopped working on dec 2...basically it sounds like the same issue you are experiencing....I've checked in a couple of my FB leaf pages I follow and there has been mention of this around the same time period (Dec 2/3)...maybe it's company wide?

20. ccjmcloutier

ccjmcloutier New Member

experiencing the same - called NissanConnect and they said this is being caused by an update…

they had me shut off ‘connection’ for 10-seconds, turn it back on, and then drive for 5-miles… Didn’t work and I’ve tried multiple times.

Will have to call tomorrow.

Also getting a message that wifi signal is weak/disconnected when I have full signal on my phone in the same spot

something is up

21. jiggersplat

jiggersplat New Member

Mine has not been able to update since Dec 5. Also still no charge time estimates on the dash.

22. Gooserooster

Gooserooster New Member

This is my error message....just for reference.

Attached Files:

23. Kayle Clements

Kayle Clements New Member

Still no change here. Although I do now see my Blue Leaf represented in the Owners Portal, whereas before it was just a blue silhouette.

Still can not connect to the center - and get a message saying so every morning. Mine too says software is up to date.

I bought my first leaf in 2013. Replaced that with a 2019 SV and now this 2023 SV+ I was happy with the 2019, but wanted the extra miles on the plus version. But between this issue and the loud and so annoying sounds this new Leaf makes (even makes a noise when I am standing still at a stop light!!) - I am going to trade this on a new Ioniq 6 as soon as they are available. I have loved my Leaf’s, but Nissan has really dropped the ball on this model and since they are no longer making Leafs - I will no longer be buying Nissan.