Mini App - Vehicle Finder

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by LAGearHead, Sep 16, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. LAGearHead

LAGearHead New Member

Hello fellow SE owners

Quick question, within the Mini App, there's a Vehicle Finder which points to where your SE is.
    I noticed that on my app, it only shows where the vehicle was last parked.
    If my SE is driven to another location, there's no update until the vehicle was stopped and parked at another location. Is this your same experience?

On apps for some other makes, I know there's live-feed (or near time) showing where the vehicle is. Any thoughts or suggestions?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. endquote

endquote Active Member

I believe the car only sends status updates when it's locked, unlocked, parked, and occasionally while charging. The app indicates the last update where it says "updated from vehicle". There is no live feed.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2022
  4. LAGearHead

LAGearHead New Member

That's what I think is happening and thanks for confirming.
    Its a pity that real time (or almost) is not available.
    Am really hoping that MiniUSA is able to enhance the tracking capability.

5. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

Next time someone whines about the range, remind them that this is where the car's AAA size battery comes in handy. If the car is stolen, it cant go far from the last time it was tracked.

abrandt likes this.
  6. endquote

endquote Active Member

I think it updates every three minutes while charging -- my dashcam seems to wake up every three minutes as well.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. LAGearHead

LAGearHead New Member

Thanks. This tracking is when the vehicle is stationary.
    It will be great that we are able to track a moving vehicle.

Hopefully in the near future, MINI is able to update the app to provide that feature. I know other manufacturers have that capability.

9. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    Why would I need it dynamically tracked?

10. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

So you'll know if it's going out to party while you're asleep.

11. Mini4bv

Mini4bv New Member

I received a ‘Stolen Vehicle Recovery Service Certificate’ from MINI USA. It states: “Your state or your insurance carrier may have a program that discounts the comprehensive portion of your vehicle insurance when your vehicle has a vehicle recovery system installed.” Waiting to hear from my insurance agent as to whether or not they offer such a discount.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. AndysComputer

AndysComputer Well-Known Member

It is annoying that there is no option to have a live location (and recording of track).
    Our Land Rover had both and it was super useful for analyzing our road trips as we could download the trips into a spreadsheet or use the online portal to view an overlay on Google Maps.
    Naturally you had the ability to turn it off if you didn’t like it. (Default behavior was off which is nice).

14. Nelly H

Nelly H New Member

May I ask if this service available in Canada?