Bug & Features Feedback

Discussion in 'General' started by Rob Lay, Oct 3, 2017.

To remove this ad click here.

1. hobbit

hobbit Well-Known Member

Yeah, google with "site:insideevsforum.com" tacked on is probably a good alternative.

_Hj

Domenick likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I suggest creating a forum for charging network experiences or maybe more general including home charging stations and battery technologies.

I am prompted by having a very curious experience with PowerFlex. They have a fairly unique approach on pay charging on L2 systems ike floating electricity rates with the ability to turn on and off depending on current cost; setting precisely the number of kWh you want and how many hours you want to charge (not clear to me how these play together) and some buggy behavior, and I am hard pressed to find the right thread for this. The behavior of their system is both annoying and somewhat concerning ; I hope the chargers I have used are in some sort of Beta test. I probably will not use them again until I understand them better.

Anyway, as more charging networks pop up and volume sales of multiple manufacturers' vehicles meaning owners who might not otherwise interact will have useful information to share , having a cross brand place to discuss charging will be helpful to everyone.

Thank you, @Domenick for all the work you do for this very useful site!

4. Could an unread thread have notifications suspended temporarily rather than indefinitely?

Currently notifications of a new post say "You will not receive any further emails about this thread until you have read the new messages." If I don't want to look at the message, but still want to get notifications, then I have to read the message. For a thread I want to keep up on, but not instantly, I don't have a choice to defer notifications.

So I suggest that instead of suspending notifications indefinitely, the system should remove the suspension after, say, a month. Then the next message after that would produce a notification again. That way, we could continue to follow threads that we're casually interested in.

On systems that do it this way, hen a long-delayed notification comes in, I either review the thread, or realize I'm no longer interested and click the "disable emails from this thread" link.

5. I passed this to the devs and there may be a way to implement, but it wouldn't be easy. Just piping up now to let you know we are are at least looking at it.

Toolworker likes this.
  6. John Blund

John Blund New Member

Is this an American forum or a world forum? I'm missing Peugot, but it's not sold in the US, just EU.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. We're based in the US, but we have a number of Canadian and European members.
    We haven't had any Peugeot owners in here, so post about it would go in the "Other EVs" sub-forum as you have correctly done.

9. polyphonic

polyphonic Well-Known Member

Is there an “ignore” feature to hide certain user’s posts? Just to alleviate clutter.

10. Yes. Just click on user's name and there is an ignore option on the pop-up.

polyphonic likes this.
  11. polyphonic

I’m actually not seeing it, only a follow button along with some other things.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Below is an example. I bolded and italicized the ignore position. Hopefully this helps and you don't ignore me.;)

"members name"

Profile Page Start a Conversation Follow Ignore

Also you can't ignore an administrator or yourself. So if you clicked on Domenicks name or your own name you won't find it

bwilson4web, Domenick and polyphonic like this.
  14. polyphonic

Beautiful, thanks @Fastnf and @Domenick!

Fastnf, bwilson4web and Domenick like this.
  15. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

Front news page is showing a security issue with logging in on 6/21/2023 using Firefox.

Domenick likes this.
  16. Yeah, there was a problem with the site early this morning. All seems good again.

17. Brewha

Brewha New Member

Oddy, when I am writing a post on my PC the cursor jumps out of the editing box and cuts off what I am typing. Does not do it on my tablet...
    Ghost in the machine?

18. First I have heard of this, is this a new PC?
    I have used an old PC for years (2008 model) running W10 currently and have had no issues - other than slow.

19. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

In the more than 8,000 InsideEVs forum posts I've submitted (most of them edited right after posting), I've never had the cursor jump out of the editing box. I'm on my 3rd Lenovo laptop since signing up on InsideEVs' forums, so I haven't been using just one PC (I edited this sentence after posting).

Last edited: Mar 15, 2024
  20. SouthernDude

SouthernDude Active Member

i am assuming that you are on a laptop. Adjust the settings on your touch pad to be less sensitive. Maybe even turn off touch to click.

Install linux on it. lol. https://ubuntu.com/desktop/flavours