BMW Financial APR

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by polyphonic, Sep 9, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. polyphonic

polyphonic Well-Known Member

Rates listed on miniusa.com are 6.34% for the SE, and 3.99% for everything else.

Is this negotiable at the dealer? Has anyone received better? Our first SE is at 0.99%.

Also odd that the SE is singled out with such a high rate, but oh well!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. endquote

endquote Active Member

Mine is 2.9% from a dealership in Los Angeles.

Financed for five years but I'm paying it over four so it's paid off when the warranty expires.

4. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

I think mine was around 2.9% last year, but the ICE rate was lower than 2.9%. I remember not being too happy they were charging a premium for an EV.

5. Jim In Tucson

Jim In Tucson Well-Known Member

When I placed my order the BMW rate was 1.9%, but when the SE was delivered the rate was 2.9%. I’ll let you guess which rate I ended up with. Yep, 2.9%. That was the only disappointing aspect of the purchase transaction.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

6. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Always an option to finance through someone else. It's unfortunate that the SE is a higher rate than the ICE models, but I guess that indicates the demand is very high. Or maybe that's how MINI is surreptitiously compensating for battery costs?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

I have been trying to point this out that after factoring in borrowing costs the $7,500 tax credit could be significantly (or completely) eroded. Also financing a Signature 2.0 can end up costing more than an Iconic 2.0 outright cash purchase.

MINI needs to offer very competitive leases and target the sub $25,000 used EV credit (no assembly or battery requirements).

polyphonic likes this.
  9. Jim In Tucson

Jim In Tucson Well-Known Member

This should be MINI’s best answer to the disappearing tax credit. They could even off the flexibility of 1 yr, 2 yr, and 3 yr leases just to give first time BEV drivers the opportunity to test drive electric car ownership.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

teslarati97 likes this.
  10. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

MINI would have a post-IRA incentive to make financial concessions if the MINI Cooper SE is profitable and there's a glut of them taking up space on dealer lots.

11. Brewer Fan

Brewer Fan Member

In June I financed through a credit union at 1.69%!

polyphonic, Aquavir and SameGuy like this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. voxel

voxel New Member

I had to get a last minute 5.3% loan (with very good credit) from MINI at the last minute when I picked up mid-June 2022. I was planning to buy it via cashier’s check but my transfer from e-Trade hadn’t cleared. 6.3% doesn’t surprise me because my rate was before the spat of interest rate hikes. I paid off the loan a month later.

My Tesla loan was 2.25% from earlier in the year so yeah the BMW APR is quite high.

polyphonic likes this.
  14. nuwde

nuwde New Member

Mine offered 6.34% for 60 months. I will be getting low 2s with a local credit union.

polyphonic likes this.
  15. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

I’m seeing you are so inform about SE is any statistics about SE where sold in USA throughout 2020 /2021/2022 post those stats and this give as idea if BMW with SE can survive here ?

16. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

The only statistic I've seen is 1 in 5 (20%) Hardtops being built are SEs, but I think that might be worldwide.