I got the giant mini puzzle!!

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by KCMOEV, Sep 9, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. KCMOEV

KCMOEV Member

Anyone else get the giant mini puzzle

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. KCMOEV

KCMOEV Member

Pics:
    CDE847BA-3499-4072-8C2F-E29FEF4212F2.jpeg 3758C0B8-94C1-4F6D-AB77-C87D7BF9EE8C.jpeg

4. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

Holy cow, 5k pieces. And at least half is a giant sea of red...

5. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    Does it just suddenly show up in (on) your mailbox?? How cool.

6. KCMOEV

KCMOEV Member

Yep, it just showed up at my front door in a large box. I was confused because I hadn’t ordered anything

Aquavir and SameGuy like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. luluna

luluna New Member

I'm jealous ~ That's so cool!

I haven't even gotten an email about my order.

9. lucky!

*edit* kind of wish I had one.. that puzzle looks HUGE!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2022
  10. abrandt

abrandt Active Member

I was starting to think it was a PR stunt. Glad you recieved it! Let us know if it is missing a piece ;)

TCMCQ, Tommm and insightman like this.
  11. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

Didnt you hear, this is how they will tell you the part that was missing so it went into QC. When you figure out which piece is missing from the puzzle, you will know which piece sent the car to QC

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. LittleWoods

LittleWoods Active Member

I've had my SE for a couple months now, but the puzzle just showed up at my door today. No idea what I did to deserve it, but I'll take it.

Edit:

Opened it up and it appears the puzzle is actually lifesized. To help with the sea of red they break it up into smaller sections. This thing is insane.
    9A3B2640-73B1-4670-B4F8-F8812E6A5F97.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 19, 2022
    MzTeaze, GvilleGuy, h-dogg and 2 others like this.
  14. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

So do you have enough space to put it together? Do you have cats?

Hopeful ebayers are asking between $200 and $1,000 for their free puzzle, but none have sold at any price.

abrandt likes this.
  15. LittleWoods

No place at the moment to put it together, I'll have to push all the furniture in the living room to the walls to stand any chance of assembly. No cats, but one of my dogs will actively seek out puzzle pieces and eat them, so that's another logistical issue.

No way I'd sell this on eBay, though, the shipping fee alone has to be huge - it weighs a ton!

16. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Could you weigh it for me? It didn't occur to me it would be heavy and now I'd really like to know how heavy a puzzle that big is.

Although pricey, my wife and I really like the laser-cut wooden puzzles from Liberty Puzzles. One time we dropped wooden piece on the floor and within a second our friend's dog chewed it to splinters (fortunately, not hurting his mouth).

I wrote to the company, telling them my tale of woe and asked if they could replace the piece--actually, I asked for two identical replacement pieces--I knew they could be reproduced by their computer-driven puzzle-maker. Liberty Puzzles was so amused with my story that they didn't charge me their standard fee for replacement pieces. I sent the second one to our friend saying it was another treat for their hungry pooch.

Look at some of the amazing pieces their computer-based laser can cut--their designers are so good they can actually camouflage many of the side pieces:

[​IMG]

GvilleGuy likes this.
  17. LittleWoods

It's 14 pounds of pure puzzle.

abrandt, insightman and SameGuy like this.
  18. MrSnrub

MrSnrub Well-Known Member

I bet Canada gets nothing per usual

abrandt likes this.
  19. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    Was just gonna say…

abrandt likes this.
  20. MrSnrub

Lucky to get a coffee mug from BMW Canada. Actually a key chain.

21. In 8 days, I will be at Plant Oxford to tour the factory where Mike Wazowski was born.

But I really would love to have one of those puzzles in British Racing Green!

Sent from my iPad using Inside EVs

22. MrSnrub

Check out the gift shop there are a few items that can only be bought there. If you’re in the area The Chequers In Abingdon is a great pub.

abrandt and SameGuy like this.
  23. I will certainly be looking for something special at Plant Oxford!

Sent from my iPad using Inside EVs