For those installing OEM Mud Flaps....

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by David Comstock, Sep 7, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Bought some rear mud flaps for my SE. Dealer wanted $400 to install... total rip. So I thought how hard could it be? Took the wheel off, there were no instructions included with the parts and the videos on YouTube weren't much help so was pretty confused. Thought this is going to take awhile and it's too hot in the garage so put the wheel back on and saved this project for another day.

Anyway called the dealer and they sent me these instructions which I'm posting here in hopes anyone trying to install the SE OEM mud flaps will find helpful. As a side, I also found another document which I'll also post here as well as an add'l resource. Both look to explain the install process very clearly.

I haven't tried installing the mud flaps yet using these instructions as it's been too damn hot but will look to try and use these when I do attempt the install. Again hope you all find this helpful!

Thx!

Attached Files:

wessy, SameGuy, Matt007b and 4 others like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Thanks for doing that - I was planning on buying some and if they don't come with instructions that's... sucky! Thank you!

4. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    Thanks for this. I won’t need the instructions because my front and rear flaps and their installation — bought and paid for — were included in my sales contract, but of course they hadn’t received one pair before delivery and said they’d schedule me once they get them. And just like during the ordering and waiting process, I’m having to chase after them again. I took delivery almost five weeks ago, and haven’t heard boo from them.

But I’m glad the instructions are up now in case I ever need to re/re them for whatever reason.

5. rustybones

rustybones Member

A quick tutorial I found on youtube if someone is interested:

heelsbigc, Matt007b and SameGuy like this.
  6. Happy I could help my fellow SE owners out!

Matt007b likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Yeah not only did it not come with instructions it didn't even come with a parts list so fingers crossed there are no parts missing!

Matt007b likes this.
  9. Did anybody installed rear mud flaps code 82 16 2 338 566? My SE is 2023 version and my dealer told me that this part is seams not to be recommended for 2023 version and there is no recommendation for rear mud flaps for 2023 SE version. But looking to the @rustybones video seams that it will fit well on 2023 SE.

10. CuriousGeorge

CuriousGeorge Well-Known Member

That's what I purchased and installed on my 2023. They fit just fine.

11. Thank you for confirmation. I'll go for them.

12. To remove this ad click here.