The California Bubble

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by leehinde, Aug 24, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. leehinde

leehinde Active Member

JFon101231 and Madmartigen like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. California has a population that is 1/3 greater than that of Texas and nearly twice that of Florida. It also has a completely different demographic than either of those states. Additionally, it is the original Section 177 state and has aggressively incentivized the adoption of electric vehicles for years. Quite likely, it has the most extensive network of charging stations as well.

When analyzed in the context of early adoption, a large population, generous incentives and an appropriate demographic, the outcome doesn’t seem surprising at all.

JFon101231 and insightman like this.
  4. David Towle

David Towle Well-Known Member

To me, its actually less than I would have thought. Same percentage of the population as Florida, way lower a percentage than Washington. I guess people do actually make choices that make economic sense (ie low electric rates in Washington and Florida).

5. Ray B

Ray B Active Member

6. David Towle

David Towle Well-Known Member

I thought at first this was very different than the first chart presented. However now I see that the first chart is on a logarithmic scale, so California is indeed the EV capital whether total numbers or per capita.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. It is my opinion that EVs have two particularly advantages in heavy traffic: no exhaust and low power consumption at idle.

I remember horrific smog in the LA basin and traffic crawling from Santa Ana all the way uptown.

9. Mowcowbell

Mowcowbell Well-Known Member

Living in Okla, Clarities are extremely rare. I've seen 2 in the past 3.5 years. At least resale values are good, Carmax has offered me the same amount I paid for my Clarity back in Mar 2019. Have ordered a 2023 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe, will be selling the Clarity when the Jeep is delivered.

Madmartigen likes this.