Problem with Nissan Connect Leaf 2023

Discussion in 'LEAF' started by Sorie4e, Aug 2, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

Tags:
  1. Sorie4e

Sorie4e New Member

Has anyone heard of problems with Nissan Connect EV and Services on a Leaf SV plus 2023?

I got my Leaf on July 5. The Nissan Connect EV and Services app and SOS button did not work.
    • Called the dealer who had sold me the car- through it was a problem with me accepting the "terms and agreements" for the software. Was unable to do this step with dealer's help
    • Called EV&Services- 1-877-664-2738. I worked with them for about two weeks. To their credit, they worked with me for about an hour on two different days and called me back every other day. But no fix- I was finally able to accept the "terms and agreement" on the webpage- but no fix to the Nissan Connect or SOS button. Ultimately they left a message that they could not fix it and the dealership would have to fix.
    • Made an appointment with the Nissan Dealership. I took my vehicle in on July 25th for a drop-off 0900 appointment. The dealership called back on that afternoon to let me know that the Nissan Connect and SOS issue would be covered at not cost (duh!!!-it is a brand new car) I was traveling and had a bad connection during that call, so I called back on Tuesday to just confirm that I understood what was said. That is the last time I have talked with the service manager.
    • I called the dealership on Friday, July 29th to get an update. No return call. (I always go through the main service department operator, and they transfer me to his phone)
    • On Sunday, I drove by the dealership and looked in the window of my car. The dash is laying in the seat, so I concluded that the problem is not fixed.
    • I called again today at 0900. I still have not received a reply.
    I am not a mean scary looking person and have left courteous, respectful messages, so I am not sure why the service manager is so afraid to talk to me and tell me the truth.

I am beginning to get a very bad feeling in the pit of my stomach that either the service manager is 1) a passive aggressive jerk, or 2) has some really bad news for me that he doesn't want to deliver- like I have bought a car with fancy accessories that are never going to work.

My question is, has anyone heard of problems with Nissan Connect EV and Services. The app for 2023 is different from previous years.

I am trying to be patient, but the lack of communication, not as much the wait, is starting to really irritate me.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. P&T

P&T New Member

We had a 2022 leaf SL. While we personally never tested the SOS button, our connect app never did link up - one of the forums elaborated that while the literature indicated it was free, it was not.

Related issue - the reason we sold our 2022 leaf was that the data connection (which the connect app probably uses) badly interfered with phone calls. It got to the point that the first thing we did upon starting the car was to turn off data in the settings. It sounds like a minor thing, I know, but it irked the wife immensely.

Hopefully that is fixed in the 2023s

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

4. Ryan Barkley

Ryan Barkley New Member

I just purchased a 2023 Leaf SV Plus in mid July and am experiencing the same issue as described. The SOS button fails to connect and EV services are not working. The first approach was the dealer telling me the app I downloaded was wrong. They have 3 different apps that bounce between themselves via links in the apps. After going through the dance of "getting" the right one, the dealer turned me to owner services/EV support. Then it was not fun as the dealer points to owner services/ev services and they keep telling me to take it back to the dealer to resolve. Right now, the dealer has opened a case with "tech line" where they were asked to take out infotainment center and take a picture and send it back. Luckily, the dealer keeps giving car back to me and trying not to keep it at the dealership, but as time goes on, I am not feeling confident they will resolve this issue very soon. I am hoping that the dealer will hear back this week and have some type of direction on how to get the issue taken care of, but we will see.

Note: on one call to Owner services, they admitted to me that many of the 2023's were having an issue that required an over the air update to the car, but did not indicate when it would happen. They said the update was released in Canada and should be soon. I keep checking for software updates on mine and it still says it is up to date.

If you make any progress, please let me know.

5. jiggersplat

jiggersplat New Member

Same issue. Have a case number from techline. The dealer was clueless and tried to tell me I have to activate it first because obviously I'm a complete moron. After I explained to them, no it's already activated and I already called tech support and they told me to bring it in. Nissan connect Ev support tells me this is a widespread issue they are aware of at least. We'll see if it gets resolved.

6. Chris Connor

Chris Connor New Member

Same issue. Got “FAILED TO CONNECT TO THE CENTER” message on my map screen after start up. Called dealer. They said Nissan is aware of problem. Called Nissan Connect because car would not connect. They said the issue should be fixed in a week or so.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. jiggersplat

jiggersplat New Member

9. Macusermdm

Macusermdm New Member

Just picked up my 2023 leaf a couple days ago with the same issue. Cannot connect to center message and no access to the app. Dealer says I should call a Nissan support number and support has no clue. They suggested we didn't have an account. I chatted with their support online and they let me know of the known issue. Not sure what to do at this point.

10. jiggersplat

jiggersplat New Member

I called Nissan Consumer Affairs and they were no help, although they did lodge a complaint against the EV Connect Services support line for whatever that's worth (hint: nothing). I was told the problem was in the "engineering department" and prod and probe as I might there appears to be no way to get an answer out of them about when this might be fixed. At some point I'm going to just take it to a couple more dealers and have them tell me they can't fix it and then threaten a lemon law claim and see where that goes.

11. Macusermdm

Macusermdm New Member

An oddity that I'm not sure is connected, but I ordered that rear cargo cover and the all weather floor mats and Nissan couldn't identify my 2023 Leaf from the vin number. Further, when I go to my Nissan owner profile, my car is there, but grayed out and the dealer listed as my dealer is not the correct dealer.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Gooserooster

Gooserooster New Member

Screenshot_20220830-153649_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20220830-153643_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20220830-153649_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20220830-153649_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20220830-153643_Chrome.jpg Hi!!! Bought my leaf 2 weeks ago, and having the same silly problems with my SOS/Nissan connect not....well....connecting ( the car with the line through it on the infotainment display).

The dealership has had my car now for the 2 weeks and I'm getting it back today but problem still exists. I've contacted Nissan (got a case number) and am awaiting my callback from them. I'll keep ya posted and curious to see what others have to say on this thread. Please keep us updated, as I will.

Thanks everyone...hopefully we get this stuff all fixed...

14. jiggersplat

jiggersplat New Member

don't hold your breath.

15. Gooserooster

Gooserooster New Member

Pretty much exactly what I was thinking...lol

16. jiggersplat

jiggersplat New Member

I just got this email...
    And here's the email from three weeks ago from the dealer...

17. Gooserooster

Gooserooster New Member

Thank you for the update! What a freaking joke!!! I just got mine back today after 2 weeks ..still broken. They ( Nissan north American) are calling me tomorrow. I am assuming it will be the same awesome conclusion as yours...lol

I'll keep ya posted. Thanks for letting me know...so ridiculous.

18. Macusermdm

Macusermdm New Member

I have to believe they will address this issue as they have to know there will be lawsuits if they just point at the dealerships.

19. bssthnd

bssthnd New Member

I took my 2023 SVplus in for the very same can't connect issue. It only took about 6 hours for the dealership to call me and tell me that this is a known issue and that Nissan is working on a new software release. ETA of the release is unknown, but they hoped it would be before I go in for my 5k tire rotation.

20. Gooserooster

Gooserooster New Member

Hi fellow leaf family.

Soooo weird thing happened today, on my my home, regarding this whole SOS/ Nissan connect EV fiasco......I happened to look up and noticed that my SOS light was illuminated for the first time.....I hit "maps" on the infotainment system and saw that my car icon NO LONGER HAD THE LINE THROUGH IT!

When I got home, I reinstalled the Nissan connect EV...it didn't connect right away but did give me multiple error message I've never seen before which told me it was trying.

After a few uninstall/install attempts IT ACTUALLY CONNECTED!!

this is in no way a brag as I did NOTHING...I just wanted to give everyone hope that maybe (just maybe) they are actually working on it?

Good luck to all and please, please keep me updated on if you get your problem resolved as well..

THERE IS HOPE!!!

21. jiggersplat

jiggersplat New Member

Mine briefly connected last night as well... if you log into the nissan owner's portal it shows the last time and date it connected. I got the app to blink the lights once, then i tried to lock and unlock the door and it didn't work, then i tried to blink the lights again and it failed. It also showed estimated charge times on the app, though I did not look at the car's dashboard display. The "find my car feature" never worked. I did not look at the SOS button to see if the light was on. I tried again a few hours later and it would not refresh/connect.

22. Gooserooster

Gooserooster New Member

I feel like you are getting closer? I'm sure you already did this ...but.... Uninstall then reinstall???

I did that like 3 or 4 times and it finally worked. Haven't tried any of the features yet like lock/unlock.

I'm scared it will mess something up, honestly...lol

23. jiggersplat

jiggersplat New Member

I was mostly mucking with it on the website in order to eliminate any possibility it is the phone app.

https://www.nissanusa.com/ -> owners -> login -> select vehicle -> connected services -> nissan connect ev manage account